Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

mmmmmm =] i made something new

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ballybee, Apr 18, 2011.

1. ballybee

ballybee PetForums VIP

yesterday anyway. Lol my mum isn't the best cook and she asked me to help with pudding yesterday...pears poached in pear cider, sounds simple but this is nothing either of us had done.

So recipe was....4 pears, some cider, some vanilla essence and thats it(we made the measurements up but it worked well), poached on a low heat for a while(again don't know how long) then taken out and halved, served with vanilla ice cream(not home made...carte dor). Now, as if that doesn't sound yummy enough(even though i don't like cooked fruit it smelled and tasted good) i added some sugar to the remaining liquid in an attempt to make pear cider caramel...ok so it was more like syrup but IT WORKED!!!! i made my first ever caramel and it was YUMMY!!! It's now turned into a kind of jelly but OH had it on a roll and said it was amazing :D:D:D

Just goes to show intuition can work well while cooking(my parents are more stick to the recipe type people...i'm usually going here there and everywhere)

2. debijw

debijw PetForums VIP

That sounds really nice, may have to try that if you dont mind......

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice