Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

mixy horrible thing

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by borderer, Dec 10, 2009.

1. borderer

borderer Guest

lot of mixy here horrible death for rabbits they go blind and fall to bits:mad:

2. Kammie

Kammie PetForums VIP

Thats horrible! Where is it? So I can avoid with all costs.

3. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

It gets everywhere really.

I live in Lincolnshire and its awful in some places and not as bad in others, it is a horrid disease :(

4. borderer

borderer Guest

it can appear anywere i have killed a few this morning:mad:

5. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

My friend has borrowed my JRT today to help clear their fields, it's absolutely rife at the moment. Poor buggers I wouldn't wish it on any creature. :(

6. borderer

borderer Guest

its a long painfull death i hate it:mad:

7. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

this may sound really dumb, but what is it?? it looks awful, poor bunnies :(

8. rona

rona Guest

We haven't got any here at the moment, but only a matter of time with this rain and warm weather:(

9. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Good for you bordie for puting the poor things out of their misery.Such an evil way to die.:(

10. borderer

borderer Guest

its a disease intruduced by man in the 50s to kill rabbits its spread from one rabbit to another by fleas they wander about blind takes them a while to die:mad:

11. borderer

borderer Guest

never know rona they may be lucky it realy gets to me when i see it:mad:

12. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

wow i`ve never seen or heard of it before. how cruel can people be, it never ceases to amaze me :mad:

13. Kammie

Kammie PetForums VIP

I'm going to sound dumb in saying this but Bordie you know my little fox problem, can foxes pass on myxi to rabbits through carrying fleas from rabbits they've killed with the disease? I know theres different types of flea and not sure if the rabbit flea can live on a fox to pass it to pet rabbits.

14. borderer

borderer Guest

not sure i think if foxy is killing mixy rabbits he will carry there fleas they might not stay on him long but he will have some

15. rona

rona Guest

I think if they have killed a mixy rabbit within the previous 24 hours, in theory they could pass it on :(

16. rona

rona Guest

17. Kammie

Kammie PetForums VIP

Thanks you two. I'll be treating my girls for fleas then till we can deal with the fox.

18. bird

bird PetForums VIP

Horrible horrible way for the rabbits to go, my uncles garden was over run with wild rabbits in the early summer, they've all gone to mixy now. Not a one left, Alf should know he had his head down all the holes the other week, and yet they've been plagued by rabbits for the past couple of years or more.

19. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Good on you for shooting them and putting them out of their misery, how awfull for the poor little things.

20. Marcia

Marcia PetForums VIP

It's horrible, poor things :(

I think you should put a warning on this thread though, those pics can seriously upset people, especially the younger members.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice