Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Mixing stick insects species

Discussion in 'Insects , Snails and other exotic pets' started by Steven Austin, May 25, 2019.

1. Steven Austin

Steven Austin PetForums Newbie

Has anybody ever introduced the black beauty stick insects to a community enclosure? I already have cuc phuong and and Indian sticks living peacefully together in an enclosure a good square metre in size and they look a little lost (6 Indian and 10 cuc phuongs) some times you can barely find them against the greenery. I love the look of the black beauty and would like to know if anybody else has mixed these with other species? They're defence mechanism is what's mainly worrying me.

2. Leanne77

Leanne77 PetForums VIP

The thing to remember about the black beauty is that they need a well ventilated enclosure and do not like to be sprayed too often so this will need to be taken into account when housing them with others.

I have mine in a full mesh vivarium (Repti-breeze) and they are housed with Lamponius guerini and Pseudophasma fulvum 'Minca' but i'm careful not to spray any of the black beauty's themselves (they run a mile from it anyway) and not to give them as much of a misting as my other species.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice