Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Mistakes on show entry application

Discussion in 'Cats Shows and Events' started by Psygon, May 7, 2019.

1. Psygon

Psygon Yoshi Tonks! :-)

Hello

So, I have entered Jammy and Waffles into a cat show.

I copied all the details from their registration certificate. Only... GCCF has made a mistake, so now I've made a mistake. I've emailed the show manager (because I'm in meetings and can't call them). But I wondered if anyone knows what will happen?

The mistake is her colour, the code is correct but my certificate says she is seal point when she is a brown point. Her breeder notified GCCF and apologised for not noticing. I'm going to be sent a new certificate.

2. QOTN

QOTN PetForums VIP

I am sure the show manager will be fine about it as long as you are entered in the correct class. Presumably the breed number is correct..

Make sure you let the table know about the mistake if the catalogue has already been printed just in case there is any confusion. The rule was changed to before close of the show whereas it used to be before the show began. That was difficult if the mistake was only seen when the catalogue arrived.

Psygon likes this.
  3. Psygon

Psygon Yoshi Tonks! :-)

Thanks!

I managed to speak to the club secretary via Facebook and hopefully will all be sorted. My online GCCf record is correct now!

4. Rufus15

Rufus15 ~ Orrono Maine Coons ~

I do marvel at how often GCCF gets things wrong. Weekly there is an issue, they seem to be the only registry body in the world that doesn't seem to know their arse from their elbow!

Anyway, glad you got it sorted :)

Psygon likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice