Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Missy was sick this morning! (Hairball?)

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Mum to Missy, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Mum to Missy

Mum to Missy PetForums VIP

My 7am alarm call this morning was Missy being sick :eek: all she bought up were 3 small dark lumps which on examination just consisted of hair, so I'm hoping it's just a hairball thing and not something else, she did go to the loo shortly after and some of her poo was normal and some was loose verging on dire rear and her guts have been a bit rumbly as well.

Nothing else is out of the normal for her, well apart from being extra playful last night and sitting on the left hand side of the windowsill rather than the right.

Do you think it is hairball? would it affect her bowls and tummy as well? Is there anything I can do to help her in the future with this and I'm also thinking about SnowFlake as well, being a long haired cat I imagine the problem will be greater for him!

She's due, well just a few days over due her Advocate (I wanted to do it on the 1st of the month as it's easier to remember) should I leave it a few more days just to see how she is?

I'm not panicking - honestly :eek: it's just the first time she's been ill since I've had her and I'm worried about her!

2. catgeoffrey

catgeoffrey PetForums VIP

Sounds like hairballs to be honest. Keep an eye on her but she should be fine. If she's ok then do the Advocate as planned - if you are worried ask the vet first.

3. Mum to Missy

Thank you :)

She's eaten fine this morning and her rumbly tummy has stopped, she's stil her usual annoying self when I'm on the PC, walking over the keyboard slooooowly so I get rows of letters then laying in front of the keyboard nipping at my hands and batting my fingers with her paws, so I don't think there much wrong with her :)

4. oliviarussian

oliviarussian Meeoow!

Rosso gets diarrhoea when he is blocked up with a hairball, it's my early warning system to start him on Katalax!

5. jaycee05

jaycee05 PetForums VIP

olivarussian; I think you have just answered a question I asked earlier in another post,
    One of my cats has been diagnosed with Colitis, but I am wondering if its a hairball blockage, she used to bring them up regularly, but doesn't npw, but gets bad stomach spasms, and diarrohea, today she had the spasm and diarrohea with a hairball in it, never happened like that before
    I think I will try her on Katalax, vet keeps giving her painkilling injections,which don't work

6. Mum to Missy

Thank you :) Off to look up Katalax!

7. jaycee05

jaycee05 PetForums VIP

Vaseline can be used if you cant get katalax,

8. KingPrawnNoodles

KingPrawnNoodles PetForums Newbie

We've not long got back from the vets. One of ours was being sick-which was the result of a hairball. They gave her a Cerenia injection and we have to apply a small dot of Lax-a-Past to her paw and/or nose, so she will naturally lick it off. Had us worried as she clearly wasn't her normal self. They also told us not to feed her food with anymore jelly or gravy as it's not good for her and we have to wait until tonight to feed her. She has to have tuna in spring water and fish for a week.

Hope Missy is feeling better soon.:)

9. oliviarussian

oliviarussian Meeoow!

Just discovered a huge hairball in the bathroom which Rosso must have produced during the night! He is now back to his bouncy self and his poos are back to normal! :thumbup: I can stop referring him to stinky bum now!

10. Mum to Missy

Missy was back to normal this morning, eating well for her, and her poo was normal :)

Did her Advocate this afternoon and she had a bad reaction to it so had to spend a couple of hours at the vets, but she's home and fine now :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice