Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Missy tribute.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Dogloverlou, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou PetForums VIP

I put together this tribute video of Miss and whilst it's incredibly hard for me to watch, I love that it shows what enjoyment she had in life. She got to experience so much.

I'm struggling with the guilt at the moment. I feel like maybe I could have done something which would have resulted in a different outcome...but now it's to late :( I can't sleep well and my bedroom is a major trigger.

2. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

Posted in oldie support x x

Just watching that video shows what a wonderful life she had and you should be very proud as she was an incredibly lucky girl to have you.

The guilt is hard, anyone having gone through the same feels the same but honestly, you did everything you could. You never gave up, you gave her extra time and were very brave to let her go when she was ready rather than prolong her suffering to stop your own hurt ....that alone shows what an incredibly brave lady you are.

You might find settling up camp in the lounge a little easier for a night or two xx

3. Dogloverlou

If I could love this post I would have, thank you. I have literally thousands of pictures of her so was difficult to choose just a selection in 4 minutes!

I think it also doesn't help because there seemed to be an underlying infection somewhere and I fear that had I caught that earlier would the outcome have been different. The vet said no, that even after treatment we would likely reach the same conclusion. But you can't help but cling on to anything. I think ultimately her quality of life was diminished and it was her time but I just need that to sink in.

Setting up in the lounge is a good idea & one I'd thought of. Think I'm going to have to tonight :(

4. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

I’m a strong believer in quality over quantity and Missy reached a grand old age, So I’d say she had both :Kiss Everything you are feeling now is absolutely normal xx

Be kind to yourself over the next few days. Hope Cash and Ty are ok too ..... we need a hug button :(

5. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Not one of us that's had to part with a dog have got away with no guilt. It's just part of it. This video should help you to remember the good times

6. PawsOnMe

PawsOnMe PetForums VIP

Gorgeous video and tribute to her. X

Be gentle with yourself and I hope the knowledge she had a long and very happy life with you brings you comfort. X

ShibaPup, Sarah H, tabelmabel and 2 others like this.
  7. shirleystarr

shirleystarr PetForums VIP

You can see how much she enjoyed life in that video one day you will look back and the laughs the wonderful moments

8. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Please don't feel guilty it looks like she had such a wonderful time with you. I didn't sleep well for ages after losing lily it did come back after a while. Sleeping in another room is a good idea. I have her little jumper under my pillow it helps me feel closer to her.

9. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Please stop beating yourself up, we all think is there something we should or shouldn't have done.

The pictures are beautiful, she was such a pretty girl. X

10. MontyMaude

MontyMaude PetForums VIP

Oh that video is beautiful, and such a fitting tribute, I think guilt is always inevitable and the coulda/shoulda/woulda questions that follow, but I am sure you did your best by her, so go easy on yourself, she lived a fabulous full life filled with love and kindness.

11. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums VIP

What an incredible tribute to her, brought a tear to my eye. And it just shows what an amazing life you gave her, she looks so happy in every single one. I love her little piggy collection.

I know it’s so hard not to feel guilty (us humans always seem to think ‘what if’) but you did everything you could for her and gave her such a long, lovely life x

12. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

Well, that set me off again !
    She looks such a sweetheart,she had the same passion for life as Tango, that makes it so hard to take responsibility for ending it.
    What wonderful memories you have. A fabulous tribute to her, what a lucky little dog to have that life with you.

13. DanWalkersmum

DanWalkersmum watching the world go by

what a lovely tribute! You gave her the best life.
    Please be kind to yourself, it will take time to get over losing her, you will never forget her as she was part of you for so long.
    But it will get easier as time goes by, take care, sending you (((xx)))

14. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

What a lovely tribute! I am sure we all have experienced that feeling of utter 'wretchedness' that seems descend and engulf us during the early stages of grief. It is almost impossible to bear.

But, we do. And then, gradually, we begin to catch little glimpses of a lighter feeling again and good times start to appear.

Then you will remember all the great times you shared with Missy, and what a great life she had. And this burden of guilt will ease and lift away.

One day, someone is bound to invent something that can safely speed up the period spent feeling hollow and wretched. Until then, know that better days will come. It's a process we have to endure to help us heal, and it really hurts. But it works, it just takes too long sometimes. In the meantime, keep talking and be gentle on yourself.

Take Care and (((((big hugs))))) Xxx

15. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

Lovely video. I especially liked the photos of her carrying massive sticks! Typical of a terrier who lived life to the full.
    Guilt is completely normal when it comes to death. We all feel like we should or could have done something more, our brains go over the "what ifs" clinging onto thoughts of them being around for longer, when in reality you did all you could.

16. Firedog

Firedog PetForums VIP

Wasn't she just the cutest puppy. So sorry for your loss.

Dogloverlou and tabelmabel like this.
  17. Sairy

Sairy PetForums VIP

What a beautiful video. And how cute was she as a pup!? :Kiss

You gave her a wonderful long life and made the right decision for her at the end. I agree with others that you will always feel some measure of guilt, especially when you have had to make that decision - it's only natural. Be kind to yourself though and do what you need to in order to get through this tough period. X

Bugsys grandma and Dogloverlou like this.
  18. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

Beautiful tribute to a beautiful girl :) be kind to yourself she had happy life ..

Dogloverlou likes this.
  19. Dogloverlou

I felt a bit better about my bedroom last night so did sleep there so hopefully I'll continue to feel ok about it. I picked her Equafleece up yesterday and held it against me & burst into tears! :( It's something I can't really touch or look at yet. But what a nice idea to sleep with Lily's jumper x

Her nickname was pig so her theme for every toy was a pink pig to add to her collection. She had loads!

Oh she definitely had a passion for life. Her spirit & joy was evident in everything she did with a non stop wagging tail. Thank you for your kind words & hugs to you too. I know Tango's loss is still so hard for you x

Thank you. I popped into my sister's yesterday to see how she was doing as she was extremely close to Missy too & was with us during her passing. She was actually bringing up some fond and funny moments & we found ourselves laughing over some of her antics. Definitely helped.

20. Squeeze

Squeeze PetForums VIP

Beautiful tribute...xx

Dogloverlou likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice