Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Missy and me, our story so far!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Mum to Missy, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Mum to Missy

Mum to Missy PetForums VIP

It's been a calender month today since I got her :D

I can clearly remember when I went to pick her from the lady who had been looking out for her and feeding her, she'd been hanging about where my son works for over six months, sleeping in the bushes and wondering around the busy car park and wouldn't go near the manager, to start with she just hissed and spat and ran away, the manager has 2 house cats of her own and was very concerned about her as she was getting very thin and it became obvious that she was a stray, so she started to feed her and slowly gained her trust, as soon as she new Missy was comfortable with her she took her to the vet for a check up and to see if she was chipped so she could find her owners, no chip and no one had reported a missing cat that fitted Missy's description anywhere, she even scoured the neighbourhood for flyer's on many occasions, but nothing, no one was missing her or looking for her :(

On several occasion when I picked my son up from work I saw her around the car park and couldn't believe that she hadn't been hit by a car yet, not only was it a busy area for cars but it was less than 100yds from the motorway as well.

Then the manager announced that she was moving away and asked me take her on, I said no several times, then the night before the manager was moving I went to pick my son up from work and there was Missy (still un-named) running after my son and the night shift chap as they went to and fro meowing pitifully and my heart melted, there was no way I could leave her, so the next morning my son text the manager and we went and bought out the cat section of P@H and bought her home.

The funny thing that will always stick in my mind is the manager had had her last cuddle and handed her over to me saying 'meet your new mummy' I cuddled Missy and her front legs went round my neck in a cuddling way and she clung to me as if she knew, then the manager went to give her a last kiss goodbye and she hissed at her and swiped her with her paw and turned and cuddled me again :001_wub:

I'd never owned a cat before, we'd had a couple of cats as I'd grown up but never one who's health and happiness was in my hands and I just panicked, was I doing the right thing and even worse was I doing the wrong thing :eek: so I joined PF in the hope that I would get some helpful answers and no one shouting me down about getting a cat then finding out how to look after her or how stupid can you get blah blah blah, luckily I chose the right forum :D and everyone has been so helpful and supportive and has made the first month of being owned by Missy easy (ish).

It's been one heck of a learning curve and it's obvious that Missy hasnt' read 'the book' you know the one 'cats will do this and that, and when they do or don't you should do this' she's an individual with a great personality and I can't imagine a moment with out her in my life.

I have flyer's in all the local vets still and keep looking on the web for anyone missing a cat and have driven round all over looking for flyer's about her but, thankfully, no one has come forward and my own vet said he's happy to call her a stray and to say she is mine :)

I'm dreading the call that says 'I think you have my cat' but with each passing day I think, I'm hoping, I'm praying that it never comes, I can't begin to think that someone may turn up and claim her. I know that the manager had been looking for her owner for 3 or 4 months and I've had her a month, so fingers crossed she was a genuine stray.

And now she's here, curled up asleep on my bed and she looks so peaceful and sweet :001_wub: and I wonder what else I'm going to find out about her in the future. I had every intention of letting her out eventually but the thought she may get run over or hurt in some way while she's out and I never knew about it is to hard to think about so I'm pretty sure she's going to be a house cat, not that I think she'll mind as she's not once asked to go outside and doesn't even sit on the windowsill looking out, to her windowsill are just a way of getting from A to B without walking on the floor :D

I could go on and on but if you haven't already lost the will to live you will have done by the end, so I'll stop now and thank you for getting this far :D

2. Sophiebee

Sophiebee PetForums VIP

This is a lovely story, sounds like missy really landed on her feet with you! Lucky girl :)

3. CoCoTrio

CoCoTrio PetForums VIP

Fantastic! :thumbup:

4. Cheryl89

What a lovely story hun, made my heart melt - Missy will be forever greatful to you and knew you was rescuing her from the day you picked her up.

Pets become an instant part of the family, and I'm so happy it was you that acquired her! xx

5. oliviarussian

oliviarussian Meeoow!

Sounds like her wandering days are over and she is content to have a safe, secure, loving family to dote on her.... What a wonderful happy ending! :)

6. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

That's just wonderful for both you and Missy. Sounds like it was meant to be.

7. Misi

Misi PetForums VIP

What a gorgeous story, but I'm sorry to say that there's something lacking at the end of your tale....

Erm... and the photos?? :D

8. Mum to Missy

Awww, thank you all for your lovely comments :D

I do believe it was ment to be as well:D

Sorry for the lack of piccies, you wont get any of me but here's some of Missy :D

The day I brought here home!

[​IMG]

On her chair, which was my Grand-dads

[​IMG]

Her favourite play place and favourite scratch mat!

[​IMG]

Sitting in the sun.

[​IMG]

9. moggiemum

moggiemum PetForums VIP

you and missy were meant to be together, and i loved reading your story:)

10. monkeymummy32

monkeymummy32 PetForums VIP

What a lovely story, thankyou for sharing - even if it did have me welling up here!! Missy is a very beautiful and lucky lady, and I wish you both very many happy years together :)

11. Mum to Missy

Thank you :D

I didn't get my usual morning cuddle this morning :( she was protecting me from a spider :crazy: little does she know I actually like spiders :eek: :D

12. denflo

denflo PetForums Senior

What a beautiful little girl! Looks like she's fitted right in there, funny how quick they worm their way into our hearts!! :)

13. merlin12

merlin12 PetForums VIP

What a lovely story, I love happy endings.

14. maisiecat

maisiecat PetForums VIP

Awwwww :001_wub:

Lovely that you gave her a home.

I don't know if you have done this, may have missed it somewhere but if you have her micro chipped she will be registered as yours :smile:

15. Misi

Misi PetForums VIP

Aww, she's beautiful. Gotta love a black cat :001_tt1:

16. sarahecp

sarahecp Crazy Cat Lady of Bucks

Such a lovely heart warming story :) thank you for sharing :)

Missy is a beautiful girl :001_wub:

17. Mum to Missy

Thank you :D

maisiecat Microchipping is on my 'todo' list, she's just had her 2nd jab, the vets wanted to do them all from scratch as we don't know if she's ever had any, and now I have to book her in to be spayed (they will scan her first to see if she has a uterus) and chip her at the same time :)

18. Hb-mini

Hb-mini PetForums VIP

Brilliant story, and Missy is just gorgeous! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice