UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iv got a stinking cold and have heard not to be with the hamsters when i have a cold so iv been keeping away...but i really miss them tonight, i usually sit in the spare room with them in the evenings but tonight i cant :(

·
Registered
206 Posts
iv got a stinking cold and have heard not to be with the hamsters when i have a cold so iv been keeping away...but i really miss them tonight, i usually sit in the spare room with them in the evenings but tonight i cant
Unfortunately its not clear whether or not Hamsters can catch the common cold :confused:. some state that they can and that human colds/influenza will kill them very quickly, while others firmly believe otherwise. There little to no scientific proof that they can or can not (or at least i can find no reports, although there must be some out there) its very annoying. So like you have done I'd stick with the better safe then sorry option. sorry you cant spend time with your hammies, I know it sucks when i cant go cuddle my ferrets when I'm ill, so feel your pain.

hope you feel better soon :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.