Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Missing Munki...

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Munki75, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Munki75

Munki75 PetForums Newbie

Hi guys,

We're really worried parents - our little girl cat has been gone for 3 weeks today and we are devastated. She has never been gone for that amount of time before so have no idea as to whether she is being fed or locked in somewhere!

We've done the posters, newspaper article, befriending the vets and neighbours, searching the neighbourhood, calling the pet rescue and RSPCA etc and tomorrow we're flyering houses.

Do you think there's any hope?

:(

2. Janee

Janee PetForums VIP

There is always hope. There are posts about cats who were found months and even years after they disappeared.

Have you checked the local council about rta cats (dead)? How far is the radius of the posters - cats can travel many miles from the area.

Was she chipped? often the chip company will help with posters etc

Was she neutered?

3. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

cats are a law unto themselves arnt they, i think the longest my cat went missing was three days, but she came home when she felt like it lol, i too have heard of cats that turn up years later, lets hope you find him soon, fingers crossed!

4. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

Do you know where Munki goes to when she goes out.
    If so target those areas.
    knock on doors and ask if they can look in sheds etc.
    Also pop pictures of her on lamp posts, notice boards anywhere and everywhere in your area. Even put one on your front door so the post man can see. Also add large reward if you can has this gets the kids looking!!
    pop a pic on the back of your car as well.
    Ask local kids cause they are always out and about in the local area.
    I did all of these when ours went missing and two little boys found her hidden in their garden, which was about 300 yds around the corner from us.I know that's not far but she only goes to next doors garden.
    one more thing get it put out on the local radio

so don't give up hope!!!

Good Luck!!

5. There is always hope.

When one of mine went missing, i read that cats can travel up to 50 miles, so phone all the vets out of area too!

Have you contacted cats protection, dog wardens, all local rescue centres, notices in local shops and bigger supermarkets, notices in petshops and doctors surgeries.

There are a few lost pet websites to try too, there is a list of them in the lost pets section.

hope it helps and she comes home soon.

edit: just a thought - is she speyed? if not could she be in call and off looking for a boyfriend?

6. Shelley Cat Lover

Shelley Cat Lover PetForums Member

My CC went missing for just under 2 months when we lived in London.

He used to be a nosey boy and so I think he'd managed to get locked in a garage or shed as he came back with worn claws and was very, very thin.

But he must have come straight back home and was the happiest purriest thing ever :) Get your all neighbours to check their garages and their sheds thoroughly and ask that (if possible) they the leave the doors ajar for a little while so Munki can creep out.

I never thought I'd see CC again, but it's over 5 years since he came back, dont give up hope :)

7. Munki75

Munki75 PetForums Newbie

Thanks for your lovely answers!

We've done pretty much allof the above - apart from the radio. Might give that one a go...

She is spayed but not chipped or wearing a collar. I'm not a fan of collars to be honest but we probably should have had her chipped!

More flyering throuhg doors tomorrow. It's so sad!!! :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice