Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Missing Cat

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by jaxx, Jun 4, 2010.

1. jaxx

jaxx PetForums VIP

I'm cat sitting for my sister's neighbour this week but my sister's cat has gone missing. Oscar is a white and ginger cat who will do anything for a cuddle and a bowl of food. He's chipped and has a collar with his name and my sis's home phone number on it. It's really not like him to stray like this as he's never too far from his food bowl.

My brother in law has contacted all local agencies that will register lost cats, vets, charities etc.etc and he's put up posters and posted leaflets through doors locally.

Poor Oscar came from a rescue group in Warrington in a right state. He harms himself by scratching huge wounds into his neck and head if he's stressed or scared. My sister and her husband have nursed him back to full health since February last year and they're frantic with worry for him as he also has other health issues and if someone else is feeding him the wrong food it could be fatal.

They're going knocking on doors this evening.

Is there anything else they can do to increase the chance of finding Oscar?

Attached Files:

2. catzz

catzz PetForums Senior

Just to say I'm sorry to hear about Oscar and to give the message a bump. I've heard that spreading some of his used litter near the front door step (or wherever he gets in) might help. I hope he comes back soon

3. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

It sounds like you are doing all you can. Am so sorry to hear, I really hope you have some good news soon

4. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

I hope he will be back soon. We are going through the same thing.
    We have put an advert with picture in the paper for 3 days. also i have put posters in the back of the car.
    They are such a worry.
    How long has he gone missing?

5. jaxx

jaxx PetForums VIP

He's home!! The leaflets worked! Someone phoned my bro in law to say he thought he could see Oscar from his garden. My bro in law went round and found him in a garden that backed on to the callers garden. As my bro in law was coming back round to see if the householder was in she was already knocking on the door. She'd also got a leaflet and had come to tell us that Oscar was sunbathing on her gazeebo roof with a female cat! lol Apparently they'd been there all night sleeping nose to nose. Oscar didn't want to come home and he growled when my bro in law picked him up, but Oscar is now curled up asleep next to me after a huge bowl of food and a good grooming session.

Thanks to everyone who posted support!

He'd been missing for nearly two days. My sister says he's grounded for 2 days now! lol

6. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

So glad you got him back home safe and well. Shame you've spoilt his love life:D

7. HollyM

HollyM PetForums VIP

i'm soooooooooo glad 4 u!!!!!:thumbup::thumbup:

8. Ally-Kats

Ally-Kats PetForums VIP

Brilliant news:thumbup:

9. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Fantastic - am so happy for you :thumbup:

10. mini cactus

mini cactus PetForums Junior

Just seen this now. What great news! I was really praying reading this!
    :thumbup:

11. coco-flo

coco-flo PetForums Junior

I am so pleased he is home and safe xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice