Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Missing Bengal -X

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Cat Lover Chris, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Cat Lover Chris

Cat Lover Chris PetForums Member

Hi guys

I know this is a long shot, but our 2 year old female disappeared last Thursday and has not been seen since. My wife and I are gutted. She has borne 2 lovely litters before she was spayed.
    We suspect she may have been cat-napped as another Bengal -X from our village has also gone missing relatively recently.

Lulu was chipped and has been reported on their web-site as missing.

If anyone sees a similar cat being put up for sale in the Daventry area, please PM me asap. Any help would be appreciated.

We have kept 3 of the 10 kittens, and have 2 other Bengal -X males who are the same age as Lulu, so it is a bit of a cat centre here !!
    The 2 male kittens are called Jenson and Lewis (yes,I am a mad motorsport fan)

2. gemini

gemini PetForums Member

I'm not in the Daventry area so can't help much there, but just wanted to say my fingers are crossed that she comes home soon.

#2 gemini, Jun 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  3. HollyM

HollyM PetForums VIP

Hope he comes home soon. Keeping everything crossed for you.

4. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

Will be on the look out for you.
    I know what you are going through as my British cream boy went missing on 27th of may.
    Since then our life is on hold.
    One idea we had was to put a photo of him with all your info and contact details and email this to all your friends and family and to ask them to pass it on.
    Also we put a pic of him in the window of our car and on our front door.
    I wish you all the luck in the world that you get her back safe and sound xx

5. Staysee

Staysee PetForums VIP

I hope your lulu is found safe

our kittens also named Jenson and Lewis [for the same reason] are willing her home!!!

6. Cat Lover Chris

Guys, thanks for all your support.

We have suffered a visit from our local bird lover in the next close to us since we put up notices about Lulu going missing.

Him and his wife came round and confronted my wife in an agressive manner and accused our herd of cats of pulling down and killing a baby deer ( ?!?!?!), killing pheasants(?) and wiping out a family of blue tits ( I can believe that as we quite regularly get "presents" from the cats.)

We have 2 male Bengal -X cats aged 2 yrs old, the remaining girl who is about a year, and the 2 boy kittens aged 6 months.

This lot won't even give our chickens any aggro, yet alone pull down a deer!
    What these people fail to understand is that it is natural for cats to go after birds. Same as a Kestrel going for smaller birds, for dinner !!

They also moaned at us because they had allowed our cats into their bungalow and they had used their new settee as a scratching post !
    My answer is don't encourage the cats in.......

It doesn't get Lulu back, however. But I do get cross when idiots like them rise to the surface in these sort of circumstances and stir up trouble.

7. Shabbydoll

Shabbydoll PetForums Member

The bird lover sounds very obnoxious. They admit they allowed your cats in and then complain when they act like a cat. :rolleyes:

#7 Shabbydoll, Jun 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  8. Staysee

Staysee PetForums VIP

Killing a baby deer? wow, thats some amazingly strong and amazingly LARGE cats you've got there, sure a baby deers not hard game, but i dont see a domestic cat going after it....

If they are inviting your cats IN then they gotta expect things to happen, cats hunt birds, we'd rather they didnt....but they do [our 11month old jenson caught a juv jackdaw yesterday].

I bet it wasnt just your cats who have been catching and killing birds around the area, probably just the only cats that have been seen doing it, or the one time they caught a cat doing it was your cat

I say write down this incident, seeing as they were being aggressive and dare i say, threatening and then if it happens again, contact the police about threatening behaviour from a neighbour

I know this dont help get your kitty home, but it sure as hell deals with those problem neighbours.

9. groundhogdaze

groundhogdaze PetForums Member

:lol::lol: So is their IQ as small as I imagine it to be or are you breeding mutant cats:thumbup: Seriously mate I know I'll get slagged for this but if my cat went missing and the local busybody abused my wife I'd happily educate him on aggression and I'd train my cats to hunt "his" birds.

10. phil.kennedy99

phil.kennedy99 PetForums Junior

Sorry for you temporary loss!

We had a bengal cross go missing earlier this year, the day before he was due to get chipped and chopped!

We got him home after 6 weeks! little monkey was a bit worse for wear and spent a week in the vets but heres what we did;

- Printed 100 A5 flyers and delivered them around the estate
    - Contacted local papers, one allowed us the other told us to bog off!
    - Contacted cats protection web site and they put a picture online
    - also gave posters to all local vets and emergency rescue centres
    - Finally put posters up in all paper shops on the estate where we live.

It was one of the shop posters that got the lovely girsl attention who let us know where he was - over 2 miles away by the way.

He was very thin and smelly when he came home but he definately knew he was home, he slept for 2 days then seemed ok but after a week got gastroenteritis and had a 5 day spell in the vets.

Poor sod, after his vet trip he was good as gold.

Hope this information helps and has given you a little hope! Don't give up!

(also as for the couple who moaned about the sofa, we had a similar encounter when our 2 ate next doors roast chicken that had been put out to rest ha ha!)

11. coco-flo

coco-flo PetForums Junior

I hope you get your cat back very soon, keeping my fingers crossed for you. x

12. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

Hi there. Any news?

13. Cat Lover Chris

I am not a violent person, but, for this neighbour, I was on the point of making an exception. He is like all cowards; they won't front up to anyone who might retaliate. What really naffed me off was the fact that he gave my wife all this verbal grief, and my good lady is still coming to terms with the fact that she has survived cancer, but has not reached the magic 5 years after period; she had her CT scan 2 days later, so, you can imagine, she was a nervous wreck as it was, without the aggro from Nobby No-Brains.

However, GOOD News today
    We came back from Homebase earlier today, and, to our utter surprise, there was Lulu. she had lost weight and was ravenous. She did 3 pouches of Sheba plus a big feed of Hills biscuits. then she slumped on my wife's lap and slept, and slept and slept.
    We think she has been locked in someone's garage or shed for a week whilst they were away on holiday. There was evidence of her having eaten a mouse, or similar.

Thank you everyone for the good wishes and vibes.
    Positive thought does work. Thank you all.

14. Amin

Amin PetForums VIP

Good news Chris. :thumbup:. So who is the better driver then, Lewis is showing his class now eh, I think he will win it.

Hope your Wife is much better Too.

15. Cat Lover Chris

That's what I like; a motorsport fanatic.

Tall one to call. Lewis qualifies better but Jenson is smoother on his tyres, and that pays off. There is an old saying in cicuit racing, "to finish first, you must first finish!" I think the Mclaren boys will lock out the top 2 at the end of the year. A 1 - 2 would be fantastic; we will have to wait and see. I don't mind what order (well, Jenson taking his second World Championship would be great)

We go back to see both the surgeon and the other chemo consultant on Wednesday for teh results of the scan. Lots of fingers crossed. Unlike many people of our age, we love each other dearly and still behave like 25 yr olds ! We get a few odd looks sometimes, but after what we have experienced together, we don 't care; live life to the full.

Again, many thanks to everyone for your concern, good wishes etc.

16. Philski

Philski PetForums Senior

Fantastic news, very glad to hear she's back safe and sound!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice