Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Missing 12 year old Rough Collie Northern Ireland

Discussion in 'Lost and Found Pets' started by Picklelily, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Picklelily

Picklelily PetForums VIP

2. TriTri

TriTri Standing up for cats

Sorry to hear this. I live in England, so can’t be of much help to your friend, but I do wish them lots of luck in finding her very soon. Good that she is microchipped. Would suggest checking gum tree and pet shop adverts or wherever people advertise dogs for sale in the county you live. Hopefully you will find some lost and found websites to add her to and also check with local vets for any collies that have been brought in.

Isotonic likes this.
  3. Clairabella

Clairabella PetForums VIP

Hope she is found soon xx

Picklelily likes this.
  4. DianasMom

DianasMom PetForums Member

Hope she is found soon. I wish I could help, but I'm in the U.S. :( My dog has run away before, and the most recent in our new city. And she had broken the ring on her ID tag, so I was going crazy. Found her 30 minutes later.
    The microchip can be a lifesaver! Many dogs have been found that way. I hope she is being taken care of while she is out of your friend's reach. TriTri is very right! Any area where they sell pets could be of great use. Even if she is not there, leave her info incase she turns up. Some dogs have been found in other states here so try to get as much coverage as you can out there. Best of luck! So sorry to hear it.

Picklelily likes this.
  5. Picklelily

Picklelily PetForums VIP

thank you sadly still no sign of her all the evidence is that she was taken by someone in a white transit van :(

6. DianasMom

DianasMom PetForums Member

Oh, dear.. so sorry to hear that. I hope she is being well taken care of while you continue your search. My heart aches for you both. If possible, see if you can find a good hunting dog that can locate by scent. I'm honestly not sure where this service can be offered, usually police dogs. But otherwise, continue the search. Don't give up! Truly wish I could do more to help. I couldn't imagine not knowing where my dog was. Especially at that age.

7. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

That's so terribly sad; and a long time for an old dog to be missing . . . any dog for that matter. The white van explains it; f she had just wandered off she'd have been found by now. How awful.

8. Picklelily

Picklelily PetForums VIP

It is the worst thing is although the van was seen driving away as she went missing and another dog in the area went at the same time the police won't allow her family to link the two in the appeals

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice