UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading through some threads and have seen this mismate jab talked about. What is it? I am imagining it is similar to the morning after pill or am I completely wrong??:)

G

·
That can be used up to six weeks after conception I believe!
Can you confirm that Crazychest!:D
lol
DT

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Yes from what I understand it is although never had to use it. It can have serious side effects though so if you think your dog might have been mated and you were going to have your dog spayed anyway then the vet might suggest this instead of the injections.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
That can be used up to six weeks after conception I believe!
Can you confirm that Crazychest!:D
lol
DT
Yes from what I understand it is although never had to use it. It can have serious side effects though so if you think your dog might have been mated and you were going to have your dog spayed anyway then the vet might suggest this instead of the injections.
Yes DT, 6 weeks is correct :laugh:
There can be complications with the jabs it's true, but using the mismate
or getting a bitch spayed as you say Jazzy, is preferable to unwanted litter's
or for the girls which are too young/old to go through a pregnancy!
One of the setback's with the mismate is the fact it brings the girls back into full blown season & if you're not careful you will either have to do it all over again or choose the spay option! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
18,554 Posts
what are some of the knows side effects, I knew it could bring them back into season but couldnt find much info on the net about any other side effects?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.