Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Minor rant!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by cinnamontoast, Sep 11, 2013.

1. cinnamontoast

cinnamontoast Sois pas chiant, chéri.

Decided to walk Zak in the park because he's not fully sound and the others were going for a pelt round the woods. He's happily occupied with retrieval work despite all the dogs surrounding us but then stopped dead to stare. Mum with two toddlers and a bichon being led by the two year old: the two year old has dropped the lead and Fluffy is heading our way at full speed, unnoticed by mum who has failed to notice her kids and dogs have left her because she's on her phone :rolleyes:

I shouted to ask if she would mind getting her dog as mine is aggressive and she tells me to calm down!! :cursing: 'Calm down'?! Flipping get your dog, you prat! She scurries over shouting at the kids to get away, despite my saying that Zak is fine with kids! Grr! Go on, make them scared! Zak, meanwhile, stands like a statue, bichon practically up his nose :rolleyes:

Call me mental, but I'm not sure the two year old should be trailing behind out of mum's sight in charge of the dog!!

Am now in a bad mood, compounded by the insolent little brat who strolled across the road with me driving across the junction, looked at me and SLOWED DOWN!! :mad2:

I feel better now!! :D

#1 cinnamontoast, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  2. shirleystarr

shirleystarr PetForums VIP

Mother must be crazy allowing a small child to hold the leash on a dog while she is chatting away on her mobile but sad to say typical these days
    Zac your a very good lad for being so well behaved too

3. lilythepink

lilythepink PetForums VIP

you see this all the time.mum on the phone and so engrossed hasn't a clue where the child is..so dangerous.

I would be a bit miffed too.tells you to calm down and her child and dog are not under control.typical.

4. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Not much to say bar you have my sympathies. There are some idiotic fecks out there :mad:.

5. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

I can't believe that happened. Speaking as a mother of two teenage lads, as toddlers they would never be allowed to walk the dogs on the lead. The dogs I had at the time when they were primary school aged kids and were rescue dogs. In all fairness to the dogs they would plod along walking to heel, didn't pull and never even glanced at other dogs. Which surprised me with them being rescued. Not once did my boys hold the lead, since I always think you never know what's behind the corner, or will appear out of no where. My boys never asked either, or if they did it was once and was told a flat no. Since no means no in my household, they would never ask again.

Poor you having to deal with that. Definitely must be something in the air today, my walk was ruined by some young girl shouting at me that I should be picking up after my dog. As she stood and watched my girl Gem have wee. I replied by saying she had just had a wee. Which she replied yeah right, so I told her to have a look. Not sure if she did after I walked off but I am hoping if she rants at someone, they correct her and explain girl dogs squat!

6. bearcub

bearcub PetForums VIP

Grrr how frustrating :mad: can't stand seeing children basically left in charge of dogs, just the other day I had two young girls walk past me and say to their poor old Lab 'Look! Dogs! Go and play!' I'm afraid I replied 'no thanks' :eek:

Anyway sounds like Zac coped with the situation very well :)

7. lilythepink

lilythepink PetForums VIP

what happened to kids with manners? Fair enough to pick up after a dog..but a kid telling you off?

8. Bagrat

Bagrat PetForums VIP

Oh Lord the world is full of eejits. Sorry you had this - well done Zak.

9. cinnamontoast

cinnamontoast Sois pas chiant, chéri.

How incredibly rude!

What really got me was Fluffy totally ignoring the recall. The park is alongside a busy road with open gates that can't be closed: my lot aren't allowed near the gaps, if the kid drops the lead on the road, I hate to think what would happen.

10. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Just to add to my early post, I always always pick up after my dogs.

Am surprised the mother did not consider the road, or even the chance the small fluffy dog could pull over her child either. It may be small but any dog can feel like an elephant on the end on the lead if they pull. Children's reflexes do not work as well, as an adult we may just let the lead go. Children may cling to the lead instead. Sounds like the dog with no recall would definitely be the type to make a bolt at anything, dogs, people a crisp packet on the floor etc.

There is really not one word to describe these people although am thinking many could think of several words :)

11. Lexiedhb

Lexiedhb Team Ginger!

Sometimes, Just sometimes it pays to have a "status" type dog...........

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice