UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Silly question. I have had a tetanus shot this year so I'm covered but would you get this minor dog bite checked out. It is on my inner thigh.

It isn't bleeding but I'm always nervous with dog bites so wanted your input as to whether to get it checked or just clean it with tcp at home :)
Skin Pink Chemical compound Close-up Magenta

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Silly question. I have had a tetanus shot this year so I'm covered but would you get this minor dog bite checked out. It is on my inner thigh.

It isn't bleeding but I'm always nervous with dog bites so wanted your input as to whether to get it checked or just clean it with tcp at home :) View attachment 494829
Just keep your eye on it to see the area around it doesn't become inflamed and feels hot. I've been scratched by dog's claws or had puppy teeth punctures many times and the only time one became infected was once when my seriously ill cat bit me badly on the base of my thumb. Within a couple of hours I had red streaks running up my arm and and my hand was swelled up like a balloon. I needed a course of antibiotics to clear it up.

One of my dogs accidently scratched me badly on my ankle a couple of weeks ago I just kept it clean but had to cover it because the dogs kept wanting to lick the wound. It's just about healed up.

Reactions: Lurcherlad

·
Swamprat
12,415 Posts
It looks like the dog who did that meant business, looks like it was a small dog?
I don't think it needs medical attention, but I hope the behavior in the dog is being addressed.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's bruised up and was fine but today I can feel a sort of lump beneath the bruise, where its more red and than yellow and its a bit more sore 😕
Hair Ingredient Cuisine Eyelash Scar

·
Administrator
17,251 Posts
It's bruised up and was fine but today I can feel a sort of lump beneath the bruise, where its more red and than yellow and its a bit more sore 😕 View attachment 573679
It does look quite inflamed, is it hot to touch ? What's the scale of the photo, iit's hard to tell how big that area is?

Reactions: O2.0

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm just in the bath so will check heat when I cool down. It's about the size of my palm so like a large orange maybe?

·
Administrator
17,251 Posts
I'm just in the bath so will check heat when I cool down. It's about the size of my palm so like a large orange maybe?
Ok. Is it hard or raised, and how do you feel in yourself? Any lump in your armpit?

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Slightly raised, firm but a bit sore so. It pressing too much.

It is a bit hot to touch. I get lots of lumps in my armpits but I think no lump atm not sure.

I feel okay, bit tired but otherwise fine.

·
Administrator
17,251 Posts
Slightly raised, firm but a bit sore so. It pressing too much.

It is a bit hot to touch. I get lots of lumps in my armpits but I think no lump atm not sure.

I feel okay, bit tired but otherwise fine.
I would say if the redness increases or you feel hot/shivery get down to A&E. Check your temperature an hour after your bath and keep an eye on things.

Reactions: Magyarmum and O2.0

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will do thank you. I can definitely feel it throbbing down my leg a bit now and then :( Ergh,. Thank you so much Susie x

·
Administrator
17,251 Posts
I will do thank you. I can definitely feel it throbbing down my leg a bit now and then :( Ergh,. Thank you so much Susie x
I think if it's throbbing you should get it looked at tonight , I thought it was your arm . Ring NHS Direct.

·
Swamprat
12,415 Posts
If it's not infected it sounds like it's trying to be. Might be worth ringing the doctor about.

·
Administrator
17,251 Posts
How is your leg this morning?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts