Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Miniature dachshund puppy help

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Rhigeebee, May 18, 2010.

1. Rhigeebee

Rhigeebee PetForums Newbie

Hello all,

I am new to this site but just wanted to ask a question.

Does anyone have any experience with miniature dachshund puppies? We have just got ourselves two, one when he was ten weeks (got him 7 weeks ago now) and one when he was nine weeks (we've had him just over a week). One is red and the other is black and tan and they are absolutely gorgeous! Obviously as they are both males they are mouthing each other a lot and I do worry that they are going to continue this forever - does anyone know if it will stop? Angus (the older one) is a very submissive dog but he will go for Archie (gently though) and Archie likes to growl a lot when he's playing with Angus.

Any ideas??

Thanks!

2. michaelasi

michaelasi PetForums VIP

thy just playing and r pups , one of the most distinctive characteristics on dachs. is stubbornness .... break them apart if they get to boisterous and cheeky but other then that they behave like any other pup ...
    piccies plz plz plz and welcome on board

3. rona

rona Guest

My idea is to watch them and smile :thumbup:
    It's lovely that they get on so well, lets hope it continues.

4. michaelasi

michaelasi PetForums VIP

wait and see how 2 akita's r mouthing each other and the growls.... , Im surprised my neighbors did not complain so far ...oops forgot the next doors r my in laws lol

5. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Sounds like their having a great time playing with each other.
    I have 2 little crosses and the way they played when they were pups was quite frightening at first - lots of growls, pouncing and biting - but never any blood and if it got a bit much for one they'd soon warn the other off.
    Just supervise and enjoy.
    Always good to teach them tolisten to you and stop play if you ask.

6. michaelasi

michaelasi PetForums VIP

how strange it is .
    I lost my little boy 5 years ago ( 2 years after I imigrated in UK ) this is a pic with him at the age of 13 couple months before I left home .

[​IMG]
    that was his fav pillow

[​IMG]
    and sweet bobby spoiling him self on my arms and Miss Lady

7. dalpup

dalpup PetForums Member

PICCIES!!! ;)

sounds like they are ok to me too, please we need piccies, I always had dachshunds growing up, they are great wee dogs and I miss having them, hubby wanted a bigger dog or I would have got one for sure!

8. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Aww, cute!! I have a mini daxie cross(and a chihuahua with only 2mths between them). They play very rough with each other. Siblings can really go for it and daxie ears are great for grabbing and hanging off, or so my other dogs believe!!:rolleyes:
    Hopefully if one is already submissive then you shouldnt have too many problems, just make sure that they are both enjoying the playfights.:)

9. Sidsmum

Sidsmum PetForums Junior

I have a youngster who gets to play with his brother and sister nearly every day, it sounds so violent sometimes but it's all good fun and part of how they learn to interact with other dogs I think. Mine is a star with other dogs and would never attempt to play with a strange dog like he does with his siblings. I'm sure it will stop eventually.... but they are now 18 months old!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice