Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Mini Husky Adoption

Discussion in 'Dog Rescue and Adoption' started by Dogs DB, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Dogs DB

Dogs DB PetForums Newbie

I want to adopt a mini Husky. Can some one tell me where to adopt ?
    Rescue center or puppy mill (buy).

2. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums VIP

Well obviously not a puppy mill.......

I’ve never heard of a mini husky, I don’t think there’s any such thing so I’d be very weary of buying any dog that has a ‘mini’ status as it’s not a proper breed and most likely not very well bred at all.

Why not go to a rescue and have a chat with them and see if they can match you to a dog.

O2.0, Torin., Northpup and 2 others like this.
  3. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

There is no such thing as a Miniature Husky.

O2.0 and Lurcherlad like this.
  4. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Given they are naturally a fairly large dog, anything “mini” will be badly bred.

These “designer” dogs are produced by putting 2 runts/disabled dogs together and hoping they produce more. Absolutely unethical and definitely cruel! :mad:

The only reason people breed these animals is because there are enough idiots who will pay silly money to have one - with no consideration for the animal.

If you really want a dog, go along to your local rescue or seek out a reputable breeder.

Make sure too you understand the particular traits and needs of a Husky. They are not for everyone and can be challenging. It is important you are able to provide the right environment for them.

The reason why there are so many in rescue :(

lorilu, Northpup, O2.0 and 1 other person like this.
  5. sighthounds

sighthounds PetForums Newbie

The closest thing to a 'mini husky' is an Alaskan Klee Kai. Please do plenty of research and never buy from puppy mills.

lorilu likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice