UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me any games i can play with Tails while she is cooped up? She isnt allowed to run about and is crated most of the day with several on lead walks to the garden to go to the toilet, she is going crazy in her crate!

Ive put some of her food in a sock and tied it to her crate and put a golf ball in a sock attached to the crate as well, she has a big bone that i keep taking away for a while so she stays interested in it (well thats what i hoped anyway)

Ive been doing some training sessions getting her to sit, lie down and stay.

I need some more ideas on what i can do with her she also has a kong i keep filling up for her but its loosing its appeal even with the changing flavours :rolleyes:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ive cleaned out my sock draw and taken all the ones out that are worn down or have holes and made about 10 sock toys by tying them together and folding some up inside others to make like a ball in a sock kind of toy :)

These kept her happy for about 15/20 mins until she got to excited and had to go back in her crate to chill for a while (although the socks must have done something as she went in and went to sleep straight away :D)

Ive done a training session teaching her to touch my hand :D She got it pretty quickly and as long as she paid attention to me she went straight to the hand with food in :D

We have practised sit, lay down and stay.

Going to pop some of her dinner into a bottle for her to have to figure out how to get them out.

She has had time with her kong and yummy treats inside.

Can anyone think of anything else we could do or make with household items to keep her mind thinking and stopping her going quite so crazy??

I did have a box that i was going to pop some treats scattered about in for her to rummage through but OH scared her with the box when he brought it through for me and dropped it on the floor next to her :rolleyes: going to have to leave the box for today and see if she forgets tomorrow that it scared her.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.