Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Mimooosh

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by MaineCoonMommy, Apr 11, 2011.

1. MaineCoonMommy

MaineCoonMommy PetForums Member

Minoush or Mimoosh as my 20 month old calls him, is like having a third child. :rolleyes: Everytime the girls are doing something he's right THERE. They were in the closet yesterday taking the dresses off their hangers and putting them on, and he was on top of a pile of dresses playing with them. Today the girls were drawing on their little table, and he's lying right in the middle of the table looking. He's always going to them and inviting them to play-for example he went up to my 3 year old and batted her hands and then lay on his back with his paws in the air like 'c'mon I'm ready, give it your best shot!' :001_rolleyes: Whenever one of the girls makes a sound at night, like talk or cry, he immediately appears behind their door asking to be let in with the most sad sweet voiced cries. :eek: But I can't let him in cause then he'll be purring the house down, eating the hair right off your head or trying to kill that thing under the covers(your toes). :nono:

He's just the sweetest cat I've ever met, can't believe how sweet and social he is even though I did read about them before getting him, which is why I wanted a MC-but still it's hard to believe LOL.

Today I caught him snagging one of my picture frames from a shelf, he was holding it in his mouth and taking it to his bed. :nono: And what exactly was he planning to do with it? Set it up next to his bed? :confused1: :lol: Maybe I should get him a night table. :glare:

2. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

Oh gosh, I SO want an MC.....and that breeder is just down the road from me.....:p

3. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Aww, how sweet. The only person I know with MCs got fed up of the hair and neediness and shooed the poor things out into the garden most of the time. They are only allowed inside the hallway..:(
    I love cats with personality though. Even if it means they jump into your dinner, watch you in the bath and insist on playing games at 3 in the morning.:rolleyes:

4. MaineCoonMommy

MaineCoonMommy PetForums Member

lol Paddy. She had a beautiful blue boy I really wanted in her last litter, but I just couldn't afford it at the moment. Maybe next year.

Catz, aww that is a shame. Funny though Minoush doesn't really shed? I've only seen little bits (rarely) on the cat tree. There's nothing on our sofas or beds or clothes. And yeah, I like the personality, it's the reason we wanted a cat in the first place. Would be silly to get annoyed cause he wants to play and be with you lol.

5. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

OOOOHHHHH, A blue boy! Don't start me off again!

6. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Go on you know you want to :sneaky2:

7. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

He sounds absolutely adorable :001_wub: I never knew that MCs were so child friendly - it sounds as if Minoush is brilliant with your girls :yesnod: My 18 year old son would love one because they're enormous :D0000000

8. Chez87

Chez87 PetForums VIP

After wanting a bengal, and a BSH, I've finally settled on a MC for my next baby. :) A red or cream silver shaded with a bit of luck! Your Minoush is gorgeous and such a lovely personality too!

#8 Chez87, Apr 11, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  9. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

WHAT!!! When were you going to tell me this!? :eek: My baby is getting a new baby!! And the colour I want! Im so taking you off my mates list!! :eek: :eek: :cryin: :nono:

lol welcome to the world of cats!! :laugh:

10. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

all this talk of cats,kittens, etc, is making me really want another kitty,your MC sounds like alot of fun,i dont know what breed of kitty i would like, they are all gorgeous !!!!:)

11. dom85

dom85 PetForums Senior

He sounds like a sweetie, I didn't realise they were so good with children, one of my friends grandparents have MC's and they are really timid so I didn't think they would like all the noise etc that young children make.

I love watching Brady and Arnold together, they play with each others toys together and Arnold sleeps in Brady's toy shelf now lol. He also takes me to Brady's bedroom door in the morning to get him up lol.

I'm broody for another one already, originally the plan was to have 2 but unfortunately the other one I reserved didn't make it so I am looking at getting a play mate for Arnold in the next few months, I've always loved Ragdolls and a friend has Somali's and Ragdolls and they seem to do really well with each other so it will be a Ragdoll girl next me thinks :D Seeing as I only work 3 mornings a week he probably doesn't desparately need another cat in the house but you can't have just one cat can you?

12. Chez87

Chez87 PetForums VIP

Haha sorry TB! One reason being that a MC is the only breed that OH is really keen on! So that's the only chance I have of getting another one! He doesn't want a bengal or BSH :'(

BUT it won't be for years yet anyway!!!!

13. jenny armour

jenny armour PetForums VIP

you are going to kick yourself as apparently blue coonies are quite unusual especially girls

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice