UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All is going well for the 5 dogs since I started them all on raw food a few weeks ago. I really only have one problem and that is Milton not eating any offal. I know it's important that he gets some but I just can't get him to eat it.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
i have this problem with lexi :(

i found cutting it up really small or putting it in the blender and splitting it up and mixing it in with some of the other meat works. some times she will also eat it if i flash fry and put some yoghurt on top :D

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
You've probably tried this but thought I'd mention it anyway, just in case.

Alfie wouldn't eat liver when it was cut into small pieces and mixed into his food. I would have to try and pretend the little chunks were treats and he would take it then but that was all a bit of a faff 3 times a week :rolleyes: What worked for him, bizarrely, was just giving him it in a big lump (obviously appropriate to the amount your dog needs!) and he would eat it then, no problem. Bloody dogs! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
23,248 Posts
I think I must be harsh then because when we started raw, Flint wouldnt eat raw offal so I just gave it back to him each meal time, on its own until he ate it! :rolleyes:
I must be Cruella de Ville too then coz Heidi is the same with her offal! I just feed everybody their liver/kidney first then they get the tastier bit. Sometimes Heidi will make me wait and just sit there repeatedly spitting it out but she always caves in the end!:D

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
Lucky was the same with her liver, the only way she'd eat it was if it was frozen. She eats it thawed now though, practically swallows it whole.

Still has to have kidney frozen though :rolleyes:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I usually put the offal with something else as well and he would eat the chicken wings etc but leave the offal. I tried putting just offal down this morning and he stared at it for a while but as soon as he noticed Chaos had finished his meal and was looking to eat Miltons meal as well, Milton then decided he best eat it before chaos did. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.