Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Millie's packed her bags...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Jan 27, 2012.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Cause she is off to her fab new home tonight :D

I am soooo going to miss her but I know she is going into a great home, large garden and forest 5 min walk away so I am sure she will soon be back down to her ideal weight.

I don't think Dixie and Dave will miss her though :rolleyes:

2. Kivasmum

Kivasmum PetForums VIP

aaaaaaw good luck in your new home Millie :D

3. vickieb

vickieb PetForums VIP

Awwwwww Millie good luck. What's her story? I read about the shovel throwing you were advised on!!!!!!

4. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Good luck Millie!

5. PetLover88

PetLover88 PetForums Junior

Good luck Millie in your new home :)

6. portiaa

portiaa PetForums VIP

Best of luck Millie:)

7. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I will try and shorten the story....

Her owners were a colleague of a good friend of mine. When they needed some help with Millie due to him in and out of hospital with a bad back said friend asked me.
    I had her here a week (where it turned out her lack of training was just sheer laziness) and then found out they had only aqcured her a week before sending her to me, from someone who kept her in a crate 24/7.

THREE days after taking her home (and after them texting to say she ripped the bin and being told to use the crate) she pooed on the kitchen and they didn't want her.

So. she came back to me even though I had paid for Xiva by this point and was due to collect her in a couple of weeks. I really wanted to keep Millie but she is so puppy like and I knew it would be too much.
    I then basically got told by previous owners that if I did not let them collect Millie for a home they found, I would not get the microchip signed over. OK, they seemed a nice couple and had big dogs before.

Two months later the lass messaged me saying they were having to move out and go back to full time work and had messaged the dogs previous owner. By this point I had found out from my good friend that they beat Millie so hard that she cries when she did wrong.
    SO I called in a favour and flew through to pick her up and then turned up at previous owners house with a form for her microchip.

This time I was determined to make it work with Millie being here but again Dixie got depressed, Millie harasses her and just makes things quite stressful. So I contacted local rescue who were more than happy to assist. She was found a home with a woman in the same town as me and I helped her with advice on her cat etc and got her a crate for Millie. All was well she loved her and kept thanking me for the advice etc. This was the beginning of october.

Since then the rescue has folded due to money and location and when I had a text saying she could no longer afford Millie I agree'd to find her a new home. She had a very bad flea allergy (she has chewed the base of her tail bald) and had put on almost 6kg! :eek:

But fortunately, a good friend (OH's sister's best mate) that OH family have known for years had just agree'd to take on a house and move out of her parents and was looking for a dog, she has been wanting to move out for ages so she can get a dog.
    She has met Millie in her hyper silly state and knows all the good and bad points about her :D I think she is going to be a fab home for Millie and I am so glad I didn't have to put her in kennels as they depress her.

(I hope that wasn't too long and boring :lol: )

8. speug

speug PetForums VIP

I have to say, if any dog really deserves to find their forever home now, it's Millie. Poor thing to have gone through so many bad experiences so far in her life (obviously not talking about the times she's been with you).
    Really, really hope it works out for her this time

9. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Well she was sooo exited to see my friend and went in and has sniffed all around the house, tried all the chairs out too :D

I think she will be fine :)

10. moonviolet

moonviolet PetForums VIP

Lol@ trying all the chairs:D

I hope she settlse quickly and loves her new life :) You really are a hero to the doggies :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice