Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Millie Wolfhart food or Eden food

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by smudgebiscuit, Nov 11, 2012.

1. smudgebiscuit

smudgebiscuit PetForums Member

Hi all,

My usual stockist is going to stop getting Fish 4 dogs food after their recent ingredient changes so need to look for another food. She has suggested either Eden or Millie wolfhart.....had a quick look and both seem really good foods...anyone used them?

2. sianrees1979

sianrees1979 PetForums VIP

the eden food looks good, might order a trial bag to see if princess dinky will eat it (i know the boys will) :)

3. SixStar

SixStar Banned

I would go for Millies Wolfheart - purely because the Eden people are, I feel, a bit too big for their boots!

4. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Fishmongers from P@H looks pretty good as well.;):D

Oops sorry, just noticed it was a choice between the 2!!! In that case, I'd go Millies :)

5. smudgebiscuit

Mum 2 heidi- supplier did also mention Fishmongers food so no worries- got a lot to think about as Molly is quite sensitive and has several allergies. We'd only just gotten her settled on Fish 4 dogs after several failed attempts on other foods-so back to the drawing board - just makes me mad that manufacturers think they can change a recipe and not tell anyone especially how they should be aware that any change in diet can upset a dogs digestive system.
    Eden too big for their boots- what does that mean Sixstar-i'm intrigued!!!!

6. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Well tbh if Fishmongers is in with a chance then I'd go for that. Higher meat content (if I remember rightly and a bit cheaper).

You could always have a look at Angel Petco (Jon Angel) as well. They were the founder members of F4D and set up again on their own. May be ask if their recipe is similar to the original. That could well solve your problem (altho I still think fishmongers is v good:rolleyes::D)

7. Pinkchi

Pinkchi PetForums Member

I would go with Eden, its a very good quality kibble and at 80% meat very hard to beat on price and quality and its made in the UK. Edens customer service is also first class.
    They know they have a good product so why shouldn't they brag about it?

Having had a sample bag from them very pleased with the kibble. Smells lovely and my dog LOVES it. I do feed raw but use Eden when away overnight and have no trouble switching between the 2 when needed.

Highly recommend Eden

8. smudgebiscuit

thanks all-think i'll give Eden a go and see if Molly chops settles on it :D

9. the melster

the melster PetForums Senior

I looked into both of these and found them both quite arrogant when I asked any questions about their food. In the end I went with Canagan who answered my questions and were polite.

10. smudgebiscuit

Yes i've heard how good Canagan is but think it'll probably be out of our price range but our supplier is going to check prices for us :p

11. Pinkchi

Pinkchi PetForums Member

Not keen on Canagan....good concept but very expensive considering its only 50% meat and there are other brands out there who are cheaper for better

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice