Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Millie has a bald patch!

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Leigh P, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Leigh P

Leigh P PetForums Member

I am hoping for some advice regarding a small bald patch that has appeared on my female moggie's neck. A quick bit of info - she is a neutered moggy, age 8, no other signs of ill health apart from her usual runny eye (she was a rescue kitten who had been in contact with the flu virus before we had her, so often gets a bit of a runny eye and snotty nose!).

I noticed a small bald patch a couple of weeks ago between her shouldder blades where I had applied flea treatment a couple of weeks prior to that. I had used this brand before (I do not know which one it was as it was a single phiall left over from the last application and I had thrown away the packaging), but I think it was Advantage or Frontline. I am not sure if the treatment has caused hair loss as the skin looks normal - no inflammation or soreness. I have checked for ringworm too. I have combed Millie and have found two very minute fleas over the last couple of days (they are so small that they are quite hard to see - haven't seen them that small before). I am a bit worried about re-treating her due to the hair loss.

Millie doesn't seem worried at all by the loss (ie itching the area), but I think its got a little bit bigger over the last few days.

Can anyone give any advice? Thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice