Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Millie again - not pooping!

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by jaxb05, Mar 26, 2011.

1. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

Millie was me most of the night last night. She kindly piddled on the towel I had on the sofa (Leather sofa - thankfully!) She pooped a tiny bit. As Ozz said in one of my posts - Millie's poos were all shapes. Definitely not round. I put her in her room last night around 11 with a clean litter tray. She was in the room until afternoon as I was out. I feed her in her room due to her pooping or piddling on my sofa (despite me having a litter tray on the sofa to encourage her to use it) - so I am hoping that keeping her in her room for abut 30 minutes after she's eaten so she can use her loo in her room and not pooping in my living-room :rolleyes:
    Well, today she had piddled in her litter tray but there wasn't one single poo. She has not pooped since last night. So once again, I am looking for advice - should I be very concerned? Do I need to do anything regarding this issue?
    Thanks

2. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

has she eaten any hay? I would waft some fresh hay under her nose and see if shes interested if not, then I would syringe feed her some recovery food if you have any as its high in fibre or some mashed pellets if not. I you dont have any syringes or shes grinding her teeth and shivering I would get her to the vets tonight :(

3. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

Thanks so much Emzy. I give her fresh hay many times in a day. I usually have hay on the sofa too - but I just realized that I didn't tonight :eek: I put her in her room about 40 minutes as i had to walk to shop and just back. I've ground some pellets but she's not interested. She's not really into pellets and only eats them if she's very hungry. ohhh .... she is eating the mashed pellets now. Just gave her some fresh hay ... but she's more interested in the pellets.
    Emzy - what could be the reason for her not pooping? Has it anything to do with this awful operation? She does often look like she is chewing her cud - mouth chewing but no food in it. That happens a lot. If she doesn't poop tonight - should I get her to vet in morning? What an absolute nightmare! She's still eating the pellets - so all being well - she was poo. (eating some hay too now) Thanks again x
    Jacqui
    p.s forgot to say that she is lively enough

#3 jaxb05, Mar 26, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  4. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

Is she moulting at all? Could she have a blockage?

I would be concerned if she still hasn't pooped tbh, if you have any natural pineapple juice you could try giving her some of that as that helps break down any blockage she might have.
    If she still hasn't pooped I would phone the vets and get some advice as they might want to see her tonight.

Sending vibes and hugs your way :)

5. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

Thanks Bernie, I rang the vet for advice and they said that if she has not pooped by the morning, that I need to take her to the vet. Praying she poos tonight. I've put her into her room for the night and I will get up early in the morning to see if we've had success. My vet is open from 11.00 to noon tomorrow. So will get up early tomorrow to see how she is.

6. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

Millie went to the vet this morning. She hadn't pooped overnight. The vet gave her an injection and said that if she doesn't poop in a few days that then I should bring her back -= but that she will be grand for a few days without pooping. She said that I should be concerned if she stops eating (whiich I already knew) So she is laying beside me now and doesn't look unwell - she is back to herself but still have not pooped.

7. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

:S that doesnt sounds quite right to me I would gently massage her tum if she lets you to get things moving, and feed her a bit of fresh pineapple (the enzymes help breaks any fur down). Does she feel bloated? did the vet have a good feel of her stomach or suggest xraying her?

8. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

Oh dear, sending pooping vibes xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice