Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Milky nose? Not usual

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by Doguiesrus, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Doguiesrus

Doguiesrus PetForums Senior

Only me again. I went to vet for follow up today and took 10 day old puppies for health check. Anyway after getting home I fed the puppies twice. One of the pups sneezed and a tad of milk came down his nose. I don't worry. Had just put new vet bed in and only washed a few times so assumed fiber had tickled him. Any way second feed noticed he'd got milk all over his face through nose everywhere he was filthy! Cleaned him up. He seems well in himself but I'm worried about this bit coming down nose. No cleft pallets/defects anything. Puzzled. Will call my vet first thing or am I just panicking. I have noticed as they get bigger there is a lot more hustle and bustle for milk and puppies seem to end up in some unfavourable positions, could this be a cause? X

2. Callie

Callie PetForums Senior

I would think he has maybe been pulled off the teat too early snd was still mid suck:)
    If they have been checked then I would chill and just keep wee eye.

3. Doguiesrus

Doguiesrus PetForums Senior

Thanks I panic like hell. I have tried to get as knowlegable as possible but think some times you can read too much and then look for things! Without knowledge your useless so you carnt win!! I rather be a paranoid genius than a easy going eegit!

4. chichi

chichi Banned

I've had this happen with a few pups...They fared well. They were all greedy pups. It was a relief once they were on solids.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice