Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Milestone questions

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by clairescunny55, Jul 28, 2009.

1. clairescunny55

clairescunny55 PetForums Member

When you have a litter, what are the milestones? i mean at what age do they open their eyes, start to walk, wean etc. just curious :) xx

2. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

My pups are usually around 2 weeks old when they start to open their eyes, they start to find their feet at about 3 1/2 weeks and start toddling round at about 4 weeks, this is also when I start to introduce them to RC starter with warm puppy milk on and mushed up they love climbing round in their first couple of meals and making an absolute mess but it's so facinating to watch them go from tiny little helpless mouse like creatures to walking fuzz balls in our breeds case.

take care
    Sarah

3. Dingle

Dingle PetForums VIP

Eyes start opening around 2 weeks... this is when worming & weaning should start.
    By 3 weeks they will be trying to stand up...:)

imo...;)

4. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Ours have always opened theres eyes at 2weeks or just over!! Yep we start worming at 2weeks.But dont start to wean till just after..and some times they still dont lap up them selves!

Start to stand at 3weeks and toddle about...its so cute :eek:

5. wooliewoo

wooliewoo PetForums VIP

when the eyes open and pups start moveing thats when the fun starts as i found..... mum steps back at that point and leaves the mucky jobs to me and spends time feeding and washing her pups:rolleyes:

Pups are weighed daily untill approx 10 days then every other day

Weaning depends on the pups really some will be ready before others, my last lot were nearly 3 weeks when they started on puppy porridge

As said worming is every 2 weeks from 2 weeks of age

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice