Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Mild Gingivitis in a Young Cat

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by IndysMamma, May 11, 2010.

1. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

Gypsy has mild gingivitis and my vet is not worried about it, Gypsy isn't in any pain and Angie (vet) says there is no treatment needed yet, just an adjustment in her diet.

Gypsy does drink a lot of water so Angie has recommended I drop commercial wet food altogether and move her onto a dry diet with a mix of raw every few days (or I could feed raw every day but at the moment it's just not something I can afford to do financially or time wise)

Oh her teeth are fairly clean etc... it just seems that the sugars in the wet food are bad for her as it has got worse since I got her and she was on dry only at the rescue.

She is on RC Maine Coon, RC Sensible and Oscars Premium Super Agility dry foods (all mixed in one tub) same as Indy

2. Janee

Janee PetForums VIP

Dry isn't the answer.

A good wet is Butchers Classic for cats, available from S'bury, Waitrose, maybe tesco and asda. It does not have additives (no sugar) and is known as a good food for cats with gingavitis.

Feed raw lumps with or without bone 2 or so times a week - lambs heart, beef, chicken wings, legs, rabbit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice