Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Might not be on much from now on....

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by BrodiesMummy, Jul 16, 2009.

1. BrodiesMummy

BrodiesMummy PetForums Member

.... as i no longer have my pupsters :(

My OH left me last month so i had to let a friend look after Holly as i work all day and she has seperation anxiety so thought it would be best as someone's always home and then i felt unfair on Brodie so got my dad to get his friend who stays in a rural area take Brodie until i'm back on my feet, i managed until a couple of weeks ago but now i am having to sell the house as i cant afford the mortgage on my own, he's left me with debts i cant pay on my own and i'm going to end up in negative equity on my flat, i dont know what to do im only 21 with a mortgage, hp on a car and a loan!!! i earnt more money than my OH but it just covers the bills. I asked my parents about moving back home until i found something but they dont have the room for the 3 of us :(. I dont want to lose my dogs they are my life but i cant afford a new place with all this debt, sorry to give my life story i just needed someone other than my family to help

2. kath123

kath123 Guest

Awww hun i really feel for you, you are having such a rough time or it.

Life is ****!!! isnt it hun???

Im sorry i cant offer you any advice apart from what about getting someone to houseshare with you? So that would be extra money for you.

Sending you a massive hug xxxxx

3. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

how about selling your place and finding a dog friendly apartment to stay in with a reasonable rent?

4. Dingle

Dingle PetForums VIP

Sorry to hear the unfortunate news... try getting a lodger, that should help

All the best

5. HighlandQuine

HighlandQuine PetForums Senior

I'm really sorry to hear you're having such a hard time right now. :(

I don't really know what ti advise other than would renting your house be an option? That way you could at least cover the mortgage?

I hope things get better for you soon. :)

6. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

#6 SeaThreePeeO, Jul 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  7. bird

bird PetForums VIP

Ok lets be rational as can be
    Mortgage and loan is it also in his name if so hes just as much responisble
    HP on car subject to how much is owed and cars worth can you not trade in car where you bought it from and get a cheaper one. Yes it may be an old banger but if it goes and gets you from a to b so what
    The other one has already been suggested get a lodger
    Take a deep breath and try to think about things rationally and not with your heart
    Hope things get better for you :)

8. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Sounds like you've had a terrible time recently and have already coped amazingly well, you have put the dogs first and made decisions that have put them in safe happy environments and I think you should be really proud of yourself, I don't think I was anywhere near that mature at 21. I hope you manage to get the debts sorted out,have you spoken to citizens advice, they are really helpful even if its just to sort things out on paper so you have one less thing to worry about.

9. BrodiesMummy

Tried finding a lodger but its still not going to cut even as my mortgage is quite expensive and the people who were interested didnt want to share with a dog owner, plus it doesnt solve holly's seperation anxiety as oh worked shifts they always had company, its all happened so quickly didnt think it would come to this then what happened to my mums dog on tuesday (rip baby) its all happening at once. Cant afford anywhere on my own after selling either as i'm going to have to pay off this negative equity which will probably bankrupt me!!! Why cant i win the lotto, would solve everything :confused:

10. BrodiesMummy

Mortgage is joint so i know he will be liable for this too, Loan and Overdrafts aswell as car my name only. Car wont cover finance already checked that so would end up with neg money wise again

11. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

hon talk to CAB maybe they can help you - before you give up your babies. You won't know until you try.

12. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

Awww so sorry u are going through it! ......is there no way you can consolidate all your debts into one payment? some companies can help you do this - i know they charge but at least they do all the stuff for you and keep the debtors off your back...I would also go and see Citizens Advice they can give you some advice and help on the OH front cos surely he has to help pay! good luck xx we are all here if you need usxxx

13. BrodiesMummy

Tried CAB oh knows he is responsible for mortgage as its in joint names so he will be responsible for neg equity but loans etc are just in my name so i aint got a leg to stand on with that one, and we're not married so that doesnt help i will be able to pay everything if i stay with my parents again but i wont have money for my own place which is what i need to keep my dogs!!! Then is it really going to be fair if i can, no one for company from 7am-6pm when i get in from work - i dont think i could do that too them but on the other hand dont think i could live without them but thats just being selfish!

14. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

maybe don't give them up? Maybe get someone to take them temporarily until money issues are sorted? Ok youve got a lot, from the sounds of it but if y ou sorted some of it out you'd have less to worry about perhaps? I don't know.....

I only have one debt and that's a mortgage but i've got a tenant paying me rent so that's helping me out. And i live with my folks and dogs so far arent a problem...not that that helps you..i'm shutting up before you decide not to talk to me.

Take a deep breath maybe something can be sorted. Keep thinking caps on everyone!

15. BrodiesMummy

I have someone looking after them @ the moment while i try to sort this mess out, but both people who i know and trust have said if i dont get back on my feet they will have them indefinatly as they love them as there own and the dogs are happy as they know the people as they were my doggy babysitters!! so i know they are well looked after and happy just wish it could be me which fingers crossed it will be!!! I looked into renting out the flat as its a 2 bed but i cant get the same amount of rent as i would need to cover mortgage so catch 22!!! i just feel like i'm goin in circles!!! I wouldnt not speak to you hun :) not your fault my taste in men is shocking!!!

16. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

speak to cab or look up their pages online
    Citizens Advice  - the charity for your community

AND;

Have a chat to the people you took the loan(s) from and see if they will give you a few months payment break, some of the allow you to do that for situations just like this (it won'tup your payments when you restart) or ask to pay them off for a longer period to lower your monthly amount, you can then up the payments when you're back on feet.

Have a chat to the people you bought the car from and tell them what's going on they may have a payment break thing in place with the contract you have with them also or have another solution.

Speak to your bank also, go in and speak to an advisor and see if they can help you out with lowering expenditure etc the advice is free.

Inform your you're living alone council so you pay less council tax.

Ask the ex (if it was a reasonably amicable break up and you have 2 bedrooms) if he would consider moving back in until you (both of you?) are in a better position to deal with this financially.

Why can't ex take a dog or two? he must like them or he wouldn't have put up with them and your poor doggy wouldn't be having separation anxiety.

As for car if you don't need it but can't sell it due to neg equity, sorn it for a bit, you'll get the tax back for the months you haven't used and won't need to pay for fuel for it. It will need to be off the road for this, and you can cancel your insurance (will have to pay part of the premium in most cases. Run it on the drive once a week to keep it sweet and leave the handbrake off so that it doesn't seize, chok it to stop it moving, unhook the battery to stop it draining.

check out:
    Money Saving Expert: Consumer Revenge - Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more

17. BrodiesMummy

I dont know where my ex is, neither does his family or he would be helping with dogs etc iv had texts but he wont answer the phone its alot more complicated than what i've said but i know the dogs are fine at the moment as i still go and see them every night. will take all the tips you've given me also thanks

18. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

Her's an idea - move in with your friends :) lol

19. BrodiesMummy

Unless i want to get in the tank beside there snake fraid not they only have a small 1 bed house and couldnt impose myself after all they've done, i'll just make her buy a new one or build me an extension :001_tt2:

20. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

you could camp outside their garden.....at least you'll still see your babies lol!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice