Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Midland Medics Sponsorship

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Merlin Birmingham, May 25, 2010.

1. Merlin Birmingham

Merlin Birmingham PetForums Senior

On September 11th 2010 myself and a work colleague will be taking on the biggest challenge we have ever faced to date.

We will be cycling the 1162 miles from John o Groats to Lands End in aid of two very worthwhile charities, Help the Heroes and Breakthrough Breast Cancer.

Every Day of our working Life we provide care and immediate medical attention to anybody within the community who feels they are in a life threatening situation. We need your help to make an even bigger difference in society and to help the troops that our fighting for our country.

Breakthrough Breast Cancer is a pioneering charity committed to fighting breast cancer through research, campaigning and education.
    Help for Heroes is about our men and women of the armed forces. It's about Derek, a rugby player who has lost both his legs, its about Carl whose jaw is wired up so he has been drinking through a straw. Its about Richard who was handed a mobile phone as he lay on a stretcher so he could say goodbye to his wife, It's about Ben, It's about Steven, Andy and Mark, it's About all of them. They are just people, but they are our people, they are our heroes.

Each and every one of you will or have been at some point of your life been affected by either of the two charities. I am pleading with you all to spare as much change as you can wether it be £1 or £50 every little bit helps. You choose the charity that you want your money to be donated to. No money passes my hands, it is all done on a secure website called justgiving.com and goes direct to the charity.

To sponsor us and support Help For Heroes please click on this link.

Help For Heroes

To sponsor us and support Breakthrough Breast Cancer please click on this link.

Breakthrough Breast Cancer

We are also looking for Business sponsors to support us along the route, naturally promotion will be given on the website once its up and running and on the bikes itself. If you think your business could help then please pm me or email me on [email protected]

We will also be looking for support teams up and down the country that will assist us in putting tents up etc etc. I will post a list of the stop points once we have finalised the route.

On behalf of both the charities please accept my sincere thanks for any support or donations you are able to offer!

2. jen24

jen24 Banned

Aww what a great thing you are doing, well done you! :thumbup:

You'll have a blast doing it too :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice