Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Middle Aisle Bargains

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tabelmabel, Sep 15, 2020.

1. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

Went to Aldi for a little food shop, came out with a huge suitcase!

Would have loved to have bagged one of the £29 heated airers but all gone. Was anyone lucky enough to get one of those?

The suitcase looks ok - we just packed our youngest boy off to uni and he is away with 2 cases so i just saw this one in aldi and it was a real impulse buy:D

2. DanWalkersmum

DanWalkersmum watching the world go by

I bought one of the airers just yesterday (impulse buy) for my son, to help cut his tumble dryer electricity bill. He hasn't told me if he's used it yet, it seemed too good to miss at that price though.

tabelmabel likes this.
  3. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

Ooh that was lucky! They are 100 quid in lakeland. Ive often thought of getting one as i dont have a tumble dryer so it would be really handy. Pleased with my suitcase though - you cant go wrong at those prices:)

4. DanWalkersmum

My other son has one of the lakeland ones with the cover on and he likes it.

tabelmabel likes this.
  5. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

I might get one come winter. I think it's one of these situations where id get one and then wonder however id managed without it!

Same as a tumble drier i suppose. Ive never had one so i dont miss it.

But then i never had a dishwasher for years and then when i got one - well i cant imagine life without it!

The thing id never be without is my magimix food processor. Ive never known life without one. My mum always had one and, when she died, i got that one.

And it went for years and years (like about 30 years!!)

Then i got a new one and ive had that 15 years now. I went and broke a bit off the main mixing bowl during lockdown. It still works luckily as i was online straightaway pricing them up!

It's funny isnt it how attached you get to certain appliances in the house and then, when they break, you're gutted when you find you cant get them any more. And the new model is never as good is it?!

6. DanWalkersmum

I know what you mean about gadgets. I had my first tumble dryer when I started full time work, quickly found it invaluable in winter, and have had several over the years, but seldom use it now there's just me and OH and we're home all day. As for dishwasher, managed without for decades but I absolutely love how clean it gets everything, I really missed it when it broke down a while ago. I don't do enough cooking for a food processor though I do have a hand blender and a mixer for cakes. When we married in the late 70's we didn't even have a telly (didn't need one!:oops:) or a telephone. I'd find it difficult to manage now without the internet and all that it brings (good and bad) I loved my first twin tub washing machine, and when the new fangled automatic came in it was frustrating how long it took to complete a load, yet another can't do without appliance:cool:

tabelmabel likes this.
  7. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

After many lockdown experiments i decided it is impossible to get good meringue from a magimix. So i bought my first electric whisk during lockdown. I dont think ive made more that one lemon meringue since! Consigned to the cupboard already!

Ha ha no telly, eh:D:p

I dont think we ever had a twin tub - even when i was living at home in the 70s. As far back as late 60s im sure my mum had one of those semi automatics that had to drain into the kitchen sink but did everything else same as a fully automatic.

Then in the 80s, she got one of those combined washer/dryers. The drying function was rubbish and cost an absolute fortune on electric so we never used it. And that is probably what has put me off tumble dryers since.

I had to do launderettes for my student years but as soon as we got our own place, i got a washing machine. I went through a couple of duff ones before getting a bosch classix in 1998. That went for an incredible 21yrs and with 7 in our family that was no mean feat!!!

I was pretty gutted when it finally went as it had hot and cold fill which you cant get now. However, i got a miele and im happy with it.

Oh, the memories! How much of an anorack am i?!! Just rambling whilst getting the tea cooked. I'll stop now.

I definitely need to get out more @Boxer123 - see this is the kind of conversation that can result in staying in with the kitchen gadgets for company:)! We really do need to get out more!

DanWalkersmum and Boxer123 like this.
  8. DanWalkersmum

Agreed, just need to load the dishwasher........:rolleyes:

tabelmabel likes this.
  9. Mrs Funkin

Mrs Funkin Human mother to Oscar

Ooooh a twin tub! I used to do the washing for my mum each week as a small girl....I used to like the grey rubbery thing with holes in that went on top of the spin dryer side :)

A heated airer sounds good, I've seen the Lakeland ones.

@tabelmabel didn't you tell us some of your cat's adventures? I remember last year...

tabelmabel likes this.
  10. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

Oh yes @Mrs Funkin - good old Beryl Burlington. She's still here complaining about the staff and sending back food to the kitchen . . .

SbanR and Mrs Funkin like this.
  11. Mrs Funkin

Mrs Funkin Human mother to Oscar

Good girl Beryl :) I loved the Beryl Adventures, you’d be welcome to come and regale us at any time with them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice