Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Mid life crisis in dogs?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by jetsmum, Nov 29, 2012.

1. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

I think Jet might be having a mid life crisis. He's about 8 1/2 now and I've had him for 5 years. He's always been a placid dog, easy to train, lovely temprement.
    But the past week or so he's had a personality change! He used to stop jumping up when told, but now it's like he's on a pogo stick, he won't stop! He never used to bark except when some body knocked, now he's barking a lot. He'll bark at me if he's not getting what he wants.He's doing zoomies round the house and he want's more attention too. It's like he's a puppy!!

I've not changed his food, the only new things he's had are fish4dogs things. He's not on Bakers, and he's not been nicking any blue smarties! He's healthy and nothing seems wrong.

So, has anyone else experianced the same kind of thing with their dogs. Will it pass? Do dogs have a mid life crisis?

2. Yourgifts Ourgifts

Yourgifts Ourgifts PetForums VIP

Sky is the same age now and he goes the other way and takes the hump if not getting his own way..:rolleyes:

3. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

I know it might sound silly, but this isn't a wind up, it's a serious question. I really would appreciate some advice.

4. Firedog

Firedog PetForums VIP

My Bunty changed when she got to 8,she stopped pulling on the lead and just calmed down in general.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice