UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
My two came chipped from the Cats Protections, but if they hadn't I would have had the Vet chip them when they were being neutered as the needle is quite big, not sure what brand they have but they are registered with Pet Log and I took the more expensive option so I don't have to pay to change details if I move etc.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
i have absolutely no idea what brand of microchip mine has :eek: whatever the vet put in him! had it done at the same time as he was neutered.

i know he's registered on pet log though!

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I had mine done with Identichip and they were great, especially when Scamp went missing, they had posters done up for us and delivered the next day. I would recommend them, don't know about any others though :)

·
Super Moderator
29,632 Posts
2 of our dogs & 3 of our cats are with Identichip as our vet use them, Rogue's only with a different one as she was chipped by the rescue & the kitts will be done by our vet when they go for their spays. Never had any problems with them

·
Crazy Cat Lady of Bucks
14,968 Posts
Frank and Seb were both chipped by the rescues I got them from and registered with PetLog.

Whenever I've taken them to the vets they always check their chips with the scanner to make sure it's in place and registers :)

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
I had no idea there were brands, and can't imagine what there would be to give a review of :confused:
I know there is or was a Biotherm chip that would do the temperate and supposedly not move but I don't think the temperature feature worked too well but I am not up on microchips so not sure if they ironed out the issues and if it's still available.

·
Registered
14,011 Posts
2 of my cats have the biotherm microchips, the vet can never get an accurate temperature reading from them so has to do it the hard way.
the rest of my cats are microchiped by the vet registered with pet log, no idea what brand they are, just what the vet uses.:)

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Both of mine had chips from the rescues. Bibi went missing before I'd had all the paperwork from Petlog, but it came while she was gone, but I upgraded to the higher level and they were helpful whilst she was missing.

Worth getting the chips checked at annual vacs / check up appointment. Having had Bibi go missing (and return), knowing that she was chipped was a big reassurance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.