Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

microchips can fail??

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by lilwolfcub01, Mar 28, 2011.

1. lilwolfcub01

lilwolfcub01 PetForums Member

my brothers dog went missing on 26th march, we looked round every where and called round every where. my brother didn't bother calling the vets as izzi is chipped. well on sunday he rang the bath cats and dogs home. Izzi had been handed in up there, my brother asked why they didn't ring him as she's chipped and they told him that the microchip had failed and couldn't be detected.

So just a heads up to all the dog owners out there. Microchips can fail at any time. Make sure your dog always has a collar on with a tag. The tag must have your number and have i am chipped on it.

2. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

They can move around the body to :blink: we always get our lot checked when they have there boosters :D

Glad your brother got his dog back :) x

3. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

Thanks for the heads up. Glad your brother got Izzy back :)

It is a legal requirement for your dog to wear a collar and have a tag on showing your name and address, phone number optional. Regardless of whether your dog is chipped or not.

4. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

We use to take Amber on holiday to France with us, always took her to the vets before going away to find the chip, as we had trouble finding it, it slowly moved around her right shoulder never found it in the same place twice. :rolleyes:

5. There is a weimy owner on the forums who's dogs chip has moved right down its shoulder! She had a heck coming back throught customs a couple of years back if I remember right

Yep! dogs should always wear a collar and ID tag

6. We always get ours checked also as i heard this can happen. Glad he got his dog back ok.

7. LyndaDanny

LyndaDanny PetForums Senior

Snatch's chip has also moved down to his shoulder

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice