Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Microchip registration help

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Ofelia Lorene, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Ofelia Lorene

Ofelia Lorene PetForums Junior

Hey everyone!

I recently moved to Chicago from London, and brought my lovely cat Bo with me. He's been microchipped since he was a kitten, and his microchip number, along with our details, is registered on PetLog in the UK. I want to update our address now that we have moved, but have realised there seems to be another microchip directory here in the US. Does anyone know how I'd go about registering him with the appropriate body (or, is there an international network of databases meaning I just need to update my UK profile)?

Thanks so much in advance!

2. spotty cats

spotty cats PetForums VIP

All our international chips we register as a new entry to the local database.

3. Tigermoon

Tigermoon PetForums VIP

You will need to register the chip with the US database, if their are several find out which is the biggest and most well known and go for them. It's usually pretty simple to register a chip with a new database, normally there is a form to complete.
    Personally, for completeness I'd also update the details on Petlog.

4. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice