UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He should be out of surgery now, I am at work today but my other half is at home waiting for the phone call to collect him. I hope he is ok..........

He was not a happy cat last night, we had to take his food away at 8pm and he has had us up most of the night crying for his biscuits!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He will get lots of TLC although I am not sure how sympathetic Mazie will be, when she had hers done he kept jumping on her back because she couldn't see him with the collar on! We can phone in 20 minutes and check how he is.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Hope everything went well :) x

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
He'll be hungry and a little confused when you get him back. I always give them something a little bland but filling like grilled chicken when they get home as their stomachs will be a bit delicate.

And withing a few hours he'll be running around like nothing has happend :w00t:

Ian

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you think James Wellbeloved Turkey and rice dry food will be ok? Mickey is a very funny cat and won't eat anything like chicken. His favourite is JW and I was thinking as it is quite bland that it should be ok??

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well Mickey is home and my oh said he seems ok, they had to do a more invasive surgery as one of his testicales was actally inside him.

I need some advice though please, we took him to the RSPCA vet as we had already paid for the op with them when we got him, they have let him go with no collar and no aftercare advice. Apparantly he keeps going for his stitches, is it worth trying to get him a collar? My oh asked and they said it wasn't necessary but it doesn't seem right to me. They also said he only needs to stay in for day and can go straight on to his normal food tonight?

It seems strange as we had conflcting information when Mazie was done (at our regular vets) and I can't imagine the after care would be that much different.

Any advice would be appreciated.:)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Boys don't usually mess with their wound (I think they glue it up now) but will want to lick it. So I wouldn't worry too much about him needing a shield. It's ok to let boys out pretty soon after the op as it's not a biggie. But I personally keep them in for a few days to get over the drugs.

Ian.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What a night!! They did glue up his ibvious wound but where they had to go inside him they stitched him up. When I got in from work we put Mazie's collar on him and checked the stitches and they didn't look great, when we checked aain at 9pm they had completely burst open!

We ran him down the emergaency vets who stitched him up again and didn't charge us as he said he would take it up directly with the vet that performed the op as it didn't look like enough stitches had been put in to hold the wound. Got home at about 10:30pm and Mickey is still feeling very sorry for himself!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.