Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Mice have red poop?!? HELP

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Carmel Apple, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Carmel Apple

Carmel Apple PetForums Newbie

So currently my mice originally had green poop due to stress but it was fine a day later but now it's been 5 days and one or two of my mice are pooping red. It doesn't look like blood but you never know, it's a solid red color and it looks a bit watery and squishy. I haven't changed their diet and they seem fine, they're still eating and exercising, though two of them are drinking quite a bit of water. They don't look or act sick except for the fact that their poop is completely red. I need to know if they're sick and if I should return the mice just in case they're truly, and badly sick. Or is it something like I need to change their diet? They currently eat a seed mix with rodent pellets and eat everything, not just the seeds like most people say.
    Please help

Attached Files:

2. Tiggers

Tiggers PetForums Senior

Can you post pics of the red poop?

3. Carmel Apple

Carmel Apple PetForums Newbie

The picture that is attached shows the poop, it's in the very front.

4. AnnB

AnnB PetForums Member

Are they eating any biscuits/pellets of a similar colour? That might explain the colour of the faeces but otherwise it looks of normal consistency and if the mice look bright and happy I don't think there is much to worry about.

5. David C

David C PetForums Senior

I wouldn't say thats blood , i'd say it looks like its something they are eating making it that colour.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice