UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting my kitten tomorrow to vet for spay... I thought I am calm and reasonable and so on, yesterday I was explaining calmly my husband why we had to do this (he was like 'but I feel sorry for her - maybe we cancel appointment'). I am not going to resign, but I am more and more nervous. And I am starting to suspect that tomorrow I will be panicking...

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
It must be really worrying, I was worried enough when my bot was neutered and that's a smaller op.
Try and remember why you are doing it. She'll end up a very poorly cat if not :(

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my OH, he feels it's an unnecessary operation because shes not ill and doesn't want to do it to her. But he does understand that it is actually necessary in the long run and she will be happier and will have a better life because of it.

Regardless of the fact that it's in our contract with the breeder... :rolleyes:

I would actually like to send him to spend the night at a house with a calling queen and see if he is more persuaded after that!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On the funny side I think that for my OH fact that she is a girl makes it easier - he was truly horrified with idea of castrating male cat :D
But he is like 'in my village nobody kept cats at home (Mia is and will remain indoor cat), nobody heard about spaying etc' - to be honest I know then that he is just after conversation with his mum... Usually he is a reasonable guy
But my mother in law actually asked me recently what my OH cousin has done with his cat - and I couldn't at the beginning catch what she means - but then I realized that she meant his wife is due to have baby this week so she was sure that they have 'done something' with cat :mad5::mad5::mad5: (which they didn't of course)

·
Registered
14,011 Posts
my girl was neutered today. i was very worried but didnt need to. she had her neuter, a dental and a microchip this morning and tonight is back being cuddly.
i did miss her alot more than i expected to though and her kitten refused to move or eat this morning until she came home.
i know i have done the best for her now and she can enjoy a long happy life as my pet.:)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all for reassurance - for now I have taken away Mias food and poured myself generous glass of wine. It won't be easiest day at work tomorrow
Still considering if I should get Mia microchipped as she will be indoor only cat. But, on the other hand, she may sneak out and get scared one day...

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm sure she'll be fine!

Kaya was spayed & chipped a little over a year ago, and the worst part of it was keeping the "lamp shade" around her neck. :)

Do get Mia chipped at the same time - the needle used for chipping is scarily huge - best done while she is under anaesthetic. As you said, even though she will be an indoors cat, she might sneak outside and get lost.

Good luck for tomorrow! Fingers & paws crossed that everything goes fine!

Siri

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I left her in vets and now I cannot concentrate on my work - it is awfully quiet without her in here... nobody is jumping on my keyboard :eek:
I will get her chipped - I decided it's better to be safe than sorry

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just got a call from vet - Mia is after procedure, she is fine and is resting now in their kennel, they will give her food and water in couple hours and I am going to get her home at 6pm :D:D:D:D
I was rather worried when phone called as I was expecting them to call only if something went wrong :eek: - but it is really nice they have called me to say everything is good :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Great news!! :)

Mia will be bouncing around in no time - make sure you have her favourite food & treats - and more important, lots of TLC & cuddles! :)

Siri

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great news!! :)

Mia will be bouncing around in no time - make sure you have her favourite food & treats - and more important, lots of TLC & cuddles! :)

Siri
I've done myself tuna salad for lunch so Mia's portion of tuna is waiting for her in fridge :) I know it is not most healthy food but she loves it :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Got Mia home - she is fine apart from trying to get rid of her collar - eaten her tuna and used toilet. Only somebody forgot to tell her she should be drowsy - she is nothing alike and already has jumped on coffee table :yikes:
UPDATE: I've just gotten her off kitchen work surfaces :yikes::yikes::yikes:
UPDATE2: 'Mia may not feel like eating for first 12 hours' - somebody forgot to read her that too - eaten all tuna and I had to open her can... and she is on table now :yikes::yikes::yikes:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.