Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

met a staffy...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by foxxy cleopatra, Jul 9, 2009.

1. foxxy cleopatra

foxxy cleopatra PetForums VIP

omg! omg! omg! ive always been scared of staffys, like i would avoid them and their owners....omg! until i was seeing my friend in work, and a man had a staffy! he was the friendlest funnest dog ive EVER met, he rolled over straight away, and was just fantastic! he had a cute face, was soft! he was just so friendly and happy! i would definatly consider having one in the future now! ohhhh he was so lovely! :)

2. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

Foxxy....Staffies are the bestest dogs ever!!! It is their owners that give them a bad rep! We used to have a chocolate brindle called Bruin. I would love some when I have my own place!! :D

3. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I'm glad you see staffies in a better light, they are wonderful dogs :D

4. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

i believe all dogs are as daft as a brush.....IF they are brought up the right way with training etc :)

in my exprience anyway lol

5. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Fantastic dogs aren't they, I had a Staffy for 16 years and he was the softest, funniest little dog you could ever meet. They are the total opposite of the image the media has created for them. Glad you've been converted :D.

6. charlie9009

charlie9009 PetForums Senior

I'm glad you finally got to meet one. They are fantastic dogs, and most are soft as anything. The one's that aren't would be if they hadn't of been brought up wrong! They are so loving and trusting, and I would recommend them to anyone! :D

7. foxxy cleopatra

foxxy cleopatra PetForums VIP

omg he was fantastic, he was totally trying to be a human! i am defo converted! :D they are so much softer than i thought they would be!

8. rebenda

rebenda PetForums VIP

their amazingly sweet dogs arnt they...my favourite breed have convirted someone else:D lol 99.9% ive come across are like that

9. Yourgifts Ourgifts

Yourgifts Ourgifts PetForums VIP

I took a few photos of my friends two a while back for some gifts and they were the biggest babies ever..just wanted to play..:D

10. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

theyre one of my favourite breeds.. i just love them:) such ashame rescues are full of them & staffy crosses:( i'd love to rescue one one day:)

11. animallover111

What a lovely thread to read,as a SBT owner its not often we hear positive things about the breed if only other people felt the same as the members posted on here!! :)

12. borderer

borderer Guest

great dogs in the right hands friendly and funny love children:)

13. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

Awww bless...good to see your over your fear!

I've always loved them but got a bit cautious after Harvey was attacked but there's a great girl, reddy coloured, that I see regularly that I adore! She 'sings' outside the shop when her owner is inside - never heard that before! She is such a sweetie!

14. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Staffies are wonderful, there's nothing wrong with them :) it's just some of the meatheads that get hold of them that have the problem :(

1 person likes this.
  15. Kaz65

Kaz65 PetForums Member

I have a 14 week old Staff and he's so loving. When anyone comes in he rolls over for his belly to be tickled and he gets on great with my other two dogs. He goes out for the first time on Monday. :D

They are a lovely dog its just the odd idiot out there that gives them a bad name. We have one in my local park. Not met him yet and hope I don't. He lets his dog attack other dogs and stands there laughing. The last one I heard about was an old lady's dog the dog though knocked her over trying to get at her dog (which was on a lead). She said the lad just laughed and never asked her if she was ok. :mad:

16. staflove

staflove PetForums VIP

Aww really glad you have had a good experience with them my 2 would lick you to death and my little boy is so touchy and friendley its un true he good with everything dogs cats small animals children he a little dream :)

17. bird

bird PetForums VIP

They're lovely dogs, a friend of ours has two bitches, most weekends they come over to us or we go to theirs and they play all day/night with our spaniel.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice