Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Messing indoors

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Amber Dawn, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Amber Dawn

Amber Dawn PetForums Member

Some of you may have seen the various posts about problems Dug's had with his leg.

He's been in and out of hospital since mid-Feb and confined for most of that time.

In the last week, he's been messing when left alone in the house. As always, I take him out to the toilet before I leave.

Today, for example, I was out over lunchtime for about two and a half hours and came back to find that he'd done a poo. He doesn't usually need to go around this time and it wasn't runny at all.

I'm not really sure what to do about this. He's fully housetrained and never usually does this when left. Also, he doesn't mess at night - just when he's left alone.

Any suggestions gratefully received - thanks :)

2. Amber Dawn

Hi again,

just thought I'd bump this in case anyone has any ideas. :001_smile:

3. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Maybe get a DAP or leave the radio on when you go out if you dont already, sorry not much help :eek:

4. Amber Dawn

Thanks. Funny enough, I was just thinking maybe I should try a DAP :)

5. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

We have one for the firework season :rolleyes: & these two hardly notice now :D whereas before it was chaos :rolleyes:

6. Ren

Ren PetForums Senior

You could try teaching him how to use a doggy litter tray like this one: UGODOG Indoor Dog Litter Tray Dog Toilet Training for Sale

I didn't even know you could get dog specific ones but I have been getting puppy broody lately and was worried about toilet training since I live on a second floor flat, but these look pretty good!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice