Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Mersons Musical Preferences

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by MoggyBaby, Mar 25, 2011.

1. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

On Saturday morning I took Merson to the vet for his jabs. He was in his cage on the back seat. When we set off there was silence in the car apart from Merson giving it the Big Miaows.

So I switched on the radio - Graham Norton - to see if he would quieten down.

Nope - The Big Miaows continued. :(

So I changed channels - Heart Fm....

Nope - The Big Miaows continued... :(

Then I remembered something from a long-ago journey.

And I stuck on some Green Day (American Idiot album)

Silence from the back seat.... :eek:

As an expreriment, I put Graham Norton back on....

Big Miaows

Changed over to Heart FM....

Big Miaows

Back to Green Day....

Silence!!!! :eek:

So it's official, Merson is a Green Day fan. There wasn't a peep out of him for the remainder of that journey & the one back home! :thumbup:

But if he thinks I'm taking him to a live gig when they next tour, he's got another think coming!!!!! :nono: :nono:

Anyone else got cats with impecable taste in music?? :D

2. TatiLie

TatiLie PetForums VIP

It's so funny how cats react to different kinds of music!
    Ari's a classical kitty. She likes Mozart, Delibes and Dvorak. I wish she had a more eclectic taste. My iTunes has her favourites on the top of the list, not mine :(

3. Vampyria

Vampyria PetForums VIP

Locke is a through-and-through metal cat \m/ my OH and I love metal and rock of various flavours, so that's what Locke has heard all his life so far - with other bits of genres sprinkled here and there.

I think his favourite is Iron Maiden, and Bruce Dickinson's Friday Rock Show when that was on air - probably mirroring OH's taste and emotions as he's such a Daddy's cat :D

4. Ally-Kats

Ally-Kats PetForums VIP

I think Scamp likes most music but his absolute favourite is classical and my son leaves the radio on for him when he wants to relax and go to sleep to some soothing music.

5. Kat74Em

Kat74Em PetForums Member

Harry hears all manner of loud, shouty, guitar-y music (including Green Day ;)) in our house and it never seems to bother him, so I like to think he's a rock kitty :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice