Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

merlins vet trip!!

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by cassie01, Aug 15, 2009.

1. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

well he was still greasy from the stuff the night before but it defiantly relieved the itching which is good, we had him in the vets for half two and he really didnt like it!!!!

he screached and screamed when the vet tried to listen to his chest and really went for her when she tried to give him an injection. the poor vet hadnt heard anything like it either and hes usually such a good boy!!

The vet took him in the back and had to put him on oxygen to calm him down enough to listen to his heart and give him the needle becasue she was worried he may get that worked up hed have a fit!!!!. when we got him home he wouldnt let me touch him either!! hes really pi**ed off!!!!

Iv got some baytril to go in his water and he has to go back in ten days for another injection. Im a bit upset as im going to italy for 12 days on wednesday so my sister will have to do his medicine, and my mom will have to take him the vets for me!! im gonna worry about him the whole time!! im just glad it doesnt have to be administered oraly as i dont think my sister would feel comfortable doing that for me.

i cant get over that noise, iv kept hamsters for over 12 years and never once have i heard that!!! it was a cross between a babies scream and a cats hiss. it was awful.

2. Flissy

Flissy PetForums VIP

Aww! Poor Merlin!

Sounds like my cat actually.. He's a lovely happy cat when he's at home... but as soon as u get him through the door of the vet surgery he turns into the cat from hell :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice