UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok This afternoon Merlins stools were quite runny and now he has just thrown up, he started to heave and when he finally threw up his sick was green!

Should I be worried about this? He hasnt had anything different to eat than normal with the exception he managed to steal 2 monster munch crisps that somebody had left on the floor on the train!

I have felt his stomach and it feels rather solid, Its not rock hard but it is firmer than normal!

Should I be worried? Should I see a vet?

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Green stick is empty belly sick. Firm tummy don't sound too good though. they often tense when in pain which is why it will feel hard. I'd give the vets a call, but I doubt they'll want to see you tonight. Best to double check with them... there has been quite a lot of sickness and shits going about though, so try not to worry too much

·
Registered
13,034 Posts
I think I would probably ring the vet that is on call and just have a word to put my mind at rest if it was me.
Hope its nothing too serious and he is better v soon :D

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
Can you hear any tummy/gut noises?

·
Registered
20,845 Posts

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Hope he is feeling better soon!! A few months back I had to rush Luna to the vets as I thought she had bloat. Turned out she was fine but I was terrified. I think we've all been there at one point :(

·
Registered
13,034 Posts
Got everything crossed here for good news too

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok...

The vets have said not to give him anything to eat for the next 24 hours but give him just a mouthfull of water every hour and a half, if he is no better and still heaving and wretching by 11am then I am to phone up for an appointment.

He did say that of course if I become worried throughout the night then I was to phone back for re-assurance.

PHONE BACK??? IM WORRYING MY LITTLE HEART AWAY HERE!

I Cant bear to think of his being ill!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Ok...

The vets have said not to give him anything to eat for the next 24 hours but give him just a mouthfull of water every hour and a half, if he is no better and still heaving and wretching by 11am then I am to phone up for an appointment.

He did say that of course if I become worried throughout the night then I was to phone back for re-assurance.

PHONE BACK??? IM WORRYING MY LITTLE HEART AWAY HERE!

I Cant bear to think of his being ill!
oh no, he sounds poorly :( maybe the vets don't think its serious if they told you to ring for an appointment the next day :) best to just do as they say and if he looks worse then definitely ring!!!!

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
How is he feeling now? I know you can't compare humans to dogs but the last time I was sick I couldn't even stomach water. I kept trying but kept bringing it back up. NHS Direct advised me not drinking anything else for the entire night no matter how much I wanted to and it worked.

·
Registered
8,507 Posts
I hope he gets better soon

Can you ring another vet and ask their opinion too? Thats what i would do, incase they are wrong

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
I think if youre instincts are telling you its serious then I would insist on seeing them tonight, or at the very least ring them back and explain how worried you are.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just spoke to another vet who I used to use before moving and she has given the exact same advice with the exception of ringing up at 8am if he is no better, I have take water away from him and he is still wretching and heaving If he is no better at 1am then I will be phoning again demanding to be seen tonight!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Just spoke to another vet who I used to use before moving and she has given the exact same advice with the exception of ringing up at 8am if he is no better, I have take water away from him and he is still wretching and heaving If he is no better at 1am then I will be phoning again demanding to be seen tonight!
Is it possible at all and i don't want to scare you that he has something in his neck? my mum had a pup a few years ago that was wretching and being sick she was getting worried about her and phoned the emergency vet but she lost her before they got there, she had a small stick lodged in her neck. I hope it's nothing to serious and he gets better soon.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.