Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Merlin my magical boy

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Ricey, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Ricey

Ricey PetForums Newbie

My cat Merlin was killed Sunday evening. I take massive amounts of comfort that it would have been quick and that our beautiful boy was allowed to explore fields and forest in my area.

He was a very big and lovable cat, always wanting fuss, always hunting. I'm finding it hard in the mornings as he would wake me up everyday by sitting on my chest and pawing my face at 6.30...... or licking my eyes. He would then roll over on me for belly rubs. Im going to miss going out and calling for him, seeing him down the road, recognise me and come running and chirping, scooping him up and nuzzling as we go home.

I buried him in our garden and help a small funeral for us to the poem 'I am not there'. His partner Rose sat with us. We cried and told him what we were going to miss. We said goodbye and asked him to watch over us.

My partner and our other cat are devastated. I will forever miss him and the joy he made my life.

The pain is sometimes unbearable and I break down in tears, little hairs and places he slept are a constant reminder.

I love and miss you Swirly Merlin. I hope he greats me again one day like when I called him at night.

Rest in Peace Merlin Rice xxx

Attached Files:

#1 Ricey, Oct 31, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  2. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Hi , Im so sorry to hear about Merlin .:(

3. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

So sorry for your loss.

RIP Merlin

4. Veronica Chapman

Veronica Chapman PetForums Member

So sorry to hear about your loss of beloved Merlin. We lost Benji in May this year. There is not one day we don't talk about him and missing him. We now have a new rescue cat Cato. We tell Cato everyday that there's Benji's scent she can smell and he was a kind loving boy and never to be scared.
    Merlin knew that he was well loved and was a very happy cat. Sure you, Rose and partner will have extra cuddles and talk of Merlin running free on familiar land.
    Veronica x

5. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

He was very beautiful; so sorry you lost him this way. RIP handsome boy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice