Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Meowing Heads

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Summercat, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Saffy Cat

Saffy Cat PetForums Junior

Are the pouches different to the tins? Consistency wise and ingredients being different?

Tried my cat on tinned Meowing Heads and this was the brand she hated the most. Her behaviour was very strange. She would tap that food out of the bowl (like I’ve seen her bat insects) with her paws and not eat it. We only tried two half tins (in different flavours) but it changed her behaviour temporarily and she acted like she was being punished and would run away from us at meal times. She became very suspicious of anything put in front of her for a while, even food she liked. It was an expensive bulk buy that went to the shelter.

2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

@Saffy Cat - the store would've taken the MH back and refunded you I expect, as most pet stores do these days with food that cats refuse to eat.

3. Saffy Cat

Honestly I would never have expected a store to refund me because the cat wouldn’t like it. Cats being what they are it would surely be unprofitable for them!

But I did take your advice earlier and asked Zooplus for a refund on the animonda Carny Exotic that she now can’t eat (I explained her potential food allergy and that this was suggested to me online) and they did refund me after a couple of emails when I gave them more details.

It does make me wary of trying new food for her. I feel like I’ve nailed the brands she will eat now and hope nothing changes (recipe, price, general fussiness or allergy related issues).

I’m not sure what makes Meowing Heads so unpalatable to her. She had a strong negative reaction to Lily’s Kitchen too. Surprisingly, she loves AATU which apparently is the same company as MH?

4. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

@Saffy Cat
    I would need to compare and currently don't have tins but I think the pouches are the same flavor mixes as the tins.
    Much softer though and more like Aatu in consistency. If your cat likes Aatu it might be worth a go.
    I didn't know they were the same company.

5. Tigermoon

Tigermoon PetForums VIP

Mine only liked the chicken drumstick meowing heads. I didn't know they did other things other than tinned though. I'll look out for the mousse as it might be good for kittens.

6. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

My girl also has strong negative reaction to both Lily's Kitchen n Meowing Heads poucheso_O

7. Saffy Cat

Interesting! What other food does she eat? Is there a common theme to her likes/dislikes?

8. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

She's on pate foods. Can't say I've noticed a theme, sorry

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice