Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Memory Foam beds?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by JSR, Jun 8, 2010.

1. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

I'm needing a couple of new dog beds and thought of buying a cheap memory foam single topper (found this which is a good price I think and no delivery..so could make 2 beds out of it when cut in half!! 3ft Single 2" Memory Foam Topper / Overlay - Memory Foam Warehouse ).

But before I buy was wandering if anyone has used a memory foam bed for their dogs and do they seem to get a benefit and more importantly actually use them?

2. Sam1309

Sam1309 PetForums VIP

i've seen some online
    how ever i slept on a memory foam matress for a few night last winter and sweated bucket loads i was way to warm, a few others i have talked to said the same..

just wondering how that would affect a dog

3. moboyd

moboyd PetForums VIP

Not used it for a dog, but as a person that has had 3 spinal surgeries, that now sleeps on a memory foam bed, it has been the best thing I have bought, and I dont feel "locked up" as much in the mornings as I used to and I get a better nights sleep.

Mo

4. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Good to know cos it's mainly for the 2 old boys and I know they'll appreciate their old bones feeling better. Thanks. :thumbup:

5. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

We did the same as you are planing & brilliant :thumbup: Banjo has ended up with both though as Holly has taken to sleeping on a chair in the bedroom :rolleyes: but they do make a huge difference :)

6. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Do you think the price I've found that for is reasonable or did you find one cheaper?

7. Bobbie

Bobbie PetForums VIP

I know a lot of people that get a cot mattress for their oldies maybe you could look into that

8. Dally Banjo

:scared: we got ours off ebay it was a second but fine for what we wnated it for, cant remember exactly how much it was but less than £20 inc delivery :thumbup:

9. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

:thumbup: Brill thanks will take a peek there first.

10. Dally Banjo

Sometimes netto have them in but ebay is quicker :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice