Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Meeting

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by jaxb05, Jul 11, 2009.

1. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

Ok - I chanced it with Pickles and Wuzzle today. I was out cleaning out Pickles hutch and run. I bought William's house out to sit out too. I took a risk and let them out them together. Pickles chased Wuzzle a lot. They weren't fighting just chasing and jumping in the air. After a while, Pickles would come up to William and it looked like they were kissing. Pickle's tried to put her head under William's head. It looked quite submissive to me. Anyone know what to make of it?

I wanted to ask too - the first night I had wuzzle - he kept stomping his feet. He was so cross and made such a noise. He was obviously scared and didn't know what was going on. He is so settled now and doing very well. I just didn't know they did that sort of thing lol.

2. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

That to me sounds like a very good meeting. When I put mine together Gyspy kept hitting Rascals head and Marley ignored him and that was considered a good meeting! There is always going to be chasing, especially as they have been on their own until now, they are proberly just happy to be together. I would say that they are getting on quite well from that. William sounds like Rascal, he sits there and lets them come to him.

The jumping in the air is called binkying and its a sign of happiness.

As for the thumping, it must be weird for him to be in a different house etc, my lot thump on occasion even now. If he has settled down now, dont worry too much about it, its a pretty common bunny thing I think.

*Heidi*

3. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

Thanks Heidi. I was worried about the chasing. Although I knew it wasn't violent. I don't think the jumping in the air was binkies though lol. Pickle's would chase him and then nearly be on top of him and jump. Or if Pickles came for William - William would jump over here.

I'm hoping tomorrow that the rain will stop so that I can have them meet again. I guess I could try to bring in Pickles inside for them to have a run about it raining. Though I would worry in case William thinks that the house is his and gets upset with Pickles LOL. I am glad that the chasing is not a really bad thing.
    Jacqui

4. VampiricLust

VampiricLust PetForums Senior

Once you start bonding, you should not seperate them.

By letting them meet, and seperating, next time they meet again, you will be starting from scratch again.

You should bond them in a neutral area, that neither of them have been in before, and supervise them for at least 48 hours straight.

5. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

Obviously it is not ideal to have to seperate them once they are friends but unfortunately you are going to have to when you get Pickles spayed. If you could keep them close to each other when she is recovering I dont think it will be too bad, the vet may even say its safe for them to stay together, you could ask them, usually you would seperate them because of mating but he is neutered so he might be ok.

I dont think the chasing is anything to worry about, and the jumping if it isnt binkying could just be that they are not too sure about running up to each other :p
    I would still say that was a good meeting. Maybe try in the house, he has only been with you a few days, he shouldny have made it his by now I wouldnt have thought, has he been in his cage or loose? is there any rooms he hasnt been in that you could use to start with, just to be safe?
    Good Luck ;)

*Heidi*

6. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

when i had my bun spayed she was pretty ill for 2 days and had to stay at the vets overnight as she wasnt eating etc, its a pretty big op for a girl so I wouldnt suggest putting them together til shes fully recovered.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice