Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Meet the girls

Discussion in 'Small Animal Photo Galleries' started by Snippet, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

I've already posted some photos in my introduction thread, but here are the wonderful photos that my friend took of them.

Frost
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Willow
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fern
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nix
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Frost and Willow are 21 month old litter mates. I've had them since they where 6 weeks old. They are both sweet, loving girls who love to cuddle.

Fern is 13 months old, and she's so naughty! She likes to hide under things when it's time to go back in the cage. She has very bad eye sight and head weaves all the time, but it is very endearing.

Nix came from the HKM stud. She is 1 year old. I originally got her as same age company for Fern as she was irritating the older girls. Nix has had 2 ear infections, so she's completely bonkers. She loves to kiss fingers.

2. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Brilliant pics, they look like little tinkers :D

3. mstori

mstori PetForums VIP

fantastic photos and absolutely stunning girls x

4. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

Thanks, I'm insanly jealous of my friend's photography abilities.

@ Dally Banjo, 'little tinkers' doesn't even begin to describe them!

@ mstori, I know they are :D I do love my girls

5. manic rose

manic rose PetForums VIP

fantastic photos! is your friend a professional photographer?

6. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

No she's not, but she's got a lot of kit (digi SLR, external flash, etc) and she's good at using it.

7. Hana

Hana PetForums Newbie

Such lovely ratties! Are they very mischievous? I must agree that they are very professional looking photographs!

8. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

Very mischievous?! Here are some examples of their mischievous- ness:

Frost will prize your lips apart to look inside your mouth if you've had something particuarly delicious to eat or drink.

Willow chews the bars for attention like a hamster would. She also throws horrible temper tantrums if things don't go her way.

Fern likes to hide under things and head weave when it's time to go back in the cage. It looks like she's laughing at me!

Nix likes to throw herself off of tall objects onto her head. She also attacks feet in socks. She also likes to annoy Frost and Willow who tell her off, then she comes running to me!

9. Hana

Hana PetForums Newbie

A bunch of properly girly rats then? Aww Frost sounds cute it's funny when animals investigate your mouth. Honey brings her head in close to sniff my lips sometimes, I say it's because she wants a kiss, though it's probably the chicken I ate earlier.

Are your rats all related?

10. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

Yep, they're all proper girls. I wouldn't mind Frost invegtiagting my mouth, but her toe nails are stupidly sharp and it hurts!

Frost and Willow are sisters, but they're not related to Fern and Nix. Fern was a 'free to good home' rescue from the free ads and is in no way related to Nix who is from Jenna at HKM

11. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

Oh they're lovely :eek:

The more I've seen peoples rats on here the more I'm tempted by them :)

Em
    xx

12. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

They are all gorgeous...but Fern is stunning....first pic I thought she was a Syrian hamster :D

13. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

She is very hamster like, but I'd be running scared of the hamster that weighed 330g!

14. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

Great pics, she must have been a secret professional photographer to get pictures of them still long enough :lol:

15. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

Nah, bribery with yogurt drops is enough to get them to do what you want them to do. Rats are the most food obsessed animal ever, bar none.

16. manic rose

manic rose PetForums VIP

maybe she can give me some lessons lol. plus my rats hardly ever stay still long enough to get the pic I was after, end up with lots of bum and tail shots :blink:

17. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

It's all a matter of timing. If you click the button when they're still and set the shutter to the fastest speed then you'll eventually get a decent photo. Having the flash on also helps. I took the photo below on my camera, which is only a 2 mega pixle point and shoot.

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice