UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This poor little girl was found like this by John, The husband of Diane of Loncoon Maine Coons (the breeder of our pair of Coonies). She was found at his workplace, and could have been like this for a while! Being cat lovers they rushed her to their vets who administered care immedietly. The burns are either fire or chemical, but not sure how she got them. Diane has taken it upon herself to car for the little mite, who looks oriental and is very slight. She's comfortable - as can be - and is on antibiotics and pain relief, plus eye drops. They did think she'd lost her sight, but it is coming back slowly. The vet doesn't think she will re-grow any hair on the badly burn areas. She has no chip, so not sure if a stray or lost.

Diane says:
Kylie some how found John yesterday,her face is the result of some kind of burn.I have never seen anything like it and wish never to see anything like it again.When I first saw her after we got her to the vets her eyes were fused shut and the vet didn't expect to see any eyes.To day under anaesthetic the burnt skin was removed and her eyes opened,damaged but amazingley she can see something.She also has burns to her neck and chest but after 1 day of antibiotics it looks so much better.All she needs now is some rest, love and care.Had a snap test done which came back negative,no other signs of illness,good appetite and very very affectionate which I find unbelievable after may be some one did this to her.

Another pic, after a couple of days of care:

I feel so sorry for this poor little girl :001_unsure: But she's landed on her feet with Diane and John. I know she'll be loved and cared for. Will keep you informed on her progress.

Ian F.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
OMG how awful! Poor poor cat, How could anyone have done something like this ?? Makes me physically sick. So happy she has found someone to care and love her, so nothing bad ever happens to her again.

·
Registered
39,165 Posts
OMG, that poor little cat,:( she must of been in such pain, that has brought tears to my eyes, thank goodness someone is going to take the time and effort to look after her and get her well, please do keep us updated,sending big hugs to Kylie and her the people caring for her

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Please do keep us posted on her progress. The poor darling, she must have been in so much pain... Breaks my heart it does :(

·
Master of the Whingey Cat.
7,885 Posts
Oh, I have tears streaming :( Those pics are SO awful- poor, poor little cat. I'm so glad she got the prompt treatment she needed. I'm sending her lots of vibes xXxXx

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It sounds like she's a fighter. So as long as there are no complications & she continues to recover I'm sure she'll be fine.... Not sure how she'll get along with a house full of Maine Coons when she's fit enough though to meet them though :eek:

Ian F.

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
I see some horrible cruelty on here but this actually made me gasp, I hate to think what I would do to the person who did this to her if I got the chance:mad:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I see some horrible cruelty on here but this actually made me gasp, I hate to think what I would do to the person who did this to her if I got the chance:mad:
Yep. All I'd need is for them to be tied to a chair, a large desert spoon and a bucket of soapy frogs.... Oh and some petrol of course.

Ian F.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
How utterly heartbreaking. I'm so glad that she found the right people to care for her, though. Please do keep us all posted. I hope she makes a speedy recovery and blossoms with lots of love around her.

·
Registered
14,011 Posts
this is cruelty beyond belief, poor kylie.
im so glad she has found somebody to care for her.
cant post what i would do to the people who done this to her but we are all thinking the same idea.
big big hugs to kylie and hope she makes a full recovery. poor little girl.

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
OMG! the poor thing :( i'm so glad that she was found and able to be treated. hope she recovers quickly.

1 - 20 of 246 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.