Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

meet my new kitten

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by thesoph, Nov 8, 2012.

1. thesoph

thesoph PetForums Newbie

Hi Everyone,

This is my new kitten called Ruby (see attached). We got her from a rescue centre on Sunday and she has not had much human contact but is slowly coming out of her shell (fingers crossed). She still likes to hide away but when she comes out she will eventually come to us and once you start stroking her she purrs like mad and rolls over on her back for you to tickle her tummy. However when we go to bed at night we leave her in the lounge (as this is the only room we have her in at the moment until she settles in fully) when we wake up in the morning to go and see her we feel like we are back to square one as she is hissing at us and tries to hide. She eventually comes out again but I just wonder if she will ever stop being scared of us. She is such a beautiful lovely kitty :)

Sophie

Attached Files:

2. Siberiancat

Siberiancat PetForums Member

Isnt she pretty :). I dont have any experiance with rescues but i think its perfectly normal for them to take a while to settle.it may take her a bit longer if she hasnt had much human contact.

When we first got Prince( no longer with us)it took him a good few weeks to come out his shell and he kept hissing (only at me might i add lol) for about the first week.

Amy

3. MoochH

MoochH Mum to Moochie

Ruby is lovely.
    I'm sure she will get to know the routine in time and be waiting for you to get up - or maybe she just doesn't like mornings like many of us :D

4. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

What a pretty girl :001_wub: I am sure she will settle down and stop hissing and hiding in the mornings with lots of patience and time. She may always be a shy sort of cat but I am sure your patience with her will be rewarded if she is coming to you for cuddles and tummy rubs already.

5. sharonbee

sharonbee PetForums VIP

She's beautiful, love the name too...well I would wouldn't I...it is my grand daughters name.:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice