Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Meet Lulu-Belle (aka Bella)

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Kimmikins, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Matrod

Matrod Moderator
    Staff Member

Poor little girl, that’s no fun at all having all that going on. That’s such a face of disapproval at the puppicino :Hilarious

Kimmikins likes this.
  2. Kimmikins

Kimmikins PetForums VIP

It’s the epitome of “what the heck is this?!”

Mum has been giving her biscuits with each meal still, and she’s obviously getting peckish enough because she’s going back for them after waiting a while!

Matrod likes this.
  3. Kimmikins

Kimmikins PetForums VIP

I took her for a lovely long walk today...well, long for her I’d imagine! About 35-40mins but a lot of that was sniffing, retracing our steps to re-sniff, and peeing. She’s good on a lead, and much prefers the harness to having a lead clipped a collar. She’s still getting used to wearing a collar and harness, and knows absolutely no commands :Hilarious

lullabydream, Sarah H and Picklelily like this.
  4. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Just caught up with this.

LP is rife in the breed. Out of all the chihuahua breeders in the UK only 4 do health tests..can you believe that and one started the testing for LP. Sadly 4 is actually officially 3 now. It's absolutely disgusting. Rant over.

Confession time. Since my focus for Cleo was to try and stop her being a nervous wreck. Which is pretty successful to be honest, when even my son's friends comment on how she's come along quite endearing. I was quite embarrassed to say to the breeder that all Cleo has learnt is dinner, breakfast, walk and bed. In all fairness she knows yum yum now... Which is her heart medication which she thinks is a treat. She knows treat and can hear treats being open when I think she's fast asleep upstairs. To be honest she just wants to be with my son, laze on my bed and eat as we are her retirement home! Oh and us as humans mind read exactly what she wants.

Brilliant pics, her face at the puppicino though! If only you were nearer Eevee would kindly invite you to our dog friendly cafe that if her favourite man is serving gives you lots of dog treats and fruit because he knows Eevee just loves it! Human food can be hit a miss my friend described the coleslaw as eating incense sticks!

Kimmikins likes this.
  5. Kimmikins

Kimmikins PetForums VIP

Oohh, she does NOT like men :eek: My OH met her for the first time today (he’s been away on a course) and as soon as she saw him she had her tail clamped between her legs and was barking like crazy.

Luckily we are used to difficult dogs, so out came the sausages and he gave her all the right body language. It’s going to take some time, of course, but we’ll crack it. It makes sense; her original owner was a man and he obviously wasn’t very nice to her :(

lullabydream likes this.
  6. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Fingers crossed for you but when I got Cleo the only person she really tolerated was me thank God. So I did all the here is a treat it's not so scary people walking past the house type things as she barked at everything and everyone.

Then one day after she stopped reguarding everything the minibeasts went on my OH and she followed..then from then on she was Daddy's dog...and my son came home from uni one Easter and she was his ever since. So fingers crossed!

Kimmikins likes this.
  7. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Im sure she will warm up to him...esp if he is used to nervous dogs. TBH though my lot didnt react well to my father and brother when they first met them! We dont see each other often and all their other contact had been with women. Men are bigger and have deeper voices and my lot much prefer people who are smaller and have softer voices!

Kimmikins likes this.
  8. Kimmikins

Kimmikins PetForums VIP

If it’s a woman, she will go up to them for love, if it’s a man she will growl. Probably didn’t help that the vet was male! She’s very watchful, much like Cleo; she will bark but not always so I’m still figuring out if she’s a nosey neighbour or if she’s barking at things that worry her.

Makes me giggle because my OH is a short arse like me :Hilarious but I get what you’re saying completely. We like a challenge, it makes it so much more rewarding if you’ve had to earn a dog’s affection :)

lullabydream likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice